Sewn together

"Is she dead?" Pippin asked as he leaned over Alvena's body who was now in the healing room. "No... I don't think so." Merry replied. Alvena could hear her small friends talking about her but no matter how hard she tried moving she just wouldn't budge. "We must let the Princess sleep, she has gone through so much. It is a true miracle that she has survived this." Gandalf's gruff voice spoke. 

"But she'll be all right, Gandalf?" Pippin asked as he pleaded with his eyes, even if she wouldn't, he was begging for Gandalf to just lie to him. "She'll be all right, she is strong." Gandalf replied as he left the room. Alvena tried talking but her lips wouldn't move. "Legolas, Gandalf's right, right?" Pippin asked once more. Just by the sound of his name made Alvena's heart escalate quickly. She wanted to jump off the surface that's she's lying on and just hug him but she just couldn't. 

"She is lucky to survive such a thing." Aragorn spoke. "But it is no mere coincident that Alvena has survived the drop, she should've died... Elves are fragile, but apparently something is stopping her from dying... It would be anything, maybe the blood of a red elf, or it could be Sauron... We do not know." Gandalf interjected.

But that was hours ago.

Alvena couldn't tell how many hours... days past by since one of the Nazguls dropped her. Was she dying? Her question was soon answered as a bright light interrupted the darkness that surrounded her. She saw the white ceiling and thought maybe she was in the halls of Mandos but she was proved wrong when her body started aching. She groaned and whimpered as she tried sitting up. She could see bandages all over her body. But she wiggled and moved all her body parts to see if anything was broken, luckily, nothing was. She sighed in relief as she whirled her head to see if anyone was near her but no one was. Then it dawned her.

Pushing aside the vision of Sauron, she knew everybody was nowhere to be seen because they were about to march upon the gates of Sauron. She noticed her weapons and surprisingly her cloak that looked brand new, like it hasn't been thrown through the sky and dropped from a Nazgul. It practically was in better condition than she was. She grabbed what she needed and dashed out of the white city, some people were staring at her as if she gone mad. Without a horse, it took her longer than usual to get to the front gate since she was limping just a bit. 

Once she reached the gate, before she could step a foot out of the gate, she stopped dead in her tracks. Her eyes widen, not believing her eyes. She wanted to scratch them out of their sockets. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs because she knew that this site will haunt her forever. 

There stood in front of her, is herself.

Except, this Alvena had wild hair as if she just crawled out of her grave. Her body was sewn together, and one of her eyes looked like they were drooping. She glared at Alvena and carried a sword. "Wh--Who are you?" Alvena stuttered. Afraid for her life now. She doesn't understand the situation but she knew that this Alvena was summoned to kill her but deep down Alvena hoped she was there to seek her help and get revenge from Sauron. "What do you want?" Alvena asked. But the sewn body didn't reply instead it gave Alvena a very sinister smile, one that would send chills down ones spine.

Before Alvena could yet ask another question, the sewn body bolted into a run trying to thrust its sword into Alvena. Alvena dodged it but not gracefully since she was still limping. The sewn body's sword suddenly caught on fire, Alvena tried summoning fire to her palms but  she felt exhausted. Alvena got out her sword and spared with the sewn body. But it was clearly to see that the sewn body was winning. "For years I have waited for this moment..." The sewn body's voice drifted in the air. It was high-pitched but at the same time exhausted. "... I have waited to be reunited with Sauron. I only need your body to complete the process..." It added. 

"Years... and years, each life I lived I was separated from the one I love... only in this lifetime, myself--or should I say--you! You push him away from you... not giving him a chance, you are a disgrace to our bloodline." it hissed. Alvena tried her best not to cry... she knew that deep down inside a part of her yearned for the enemy. But she knew that she was different, and she had Legolas and especially the Hobbits to prove that. "You are mistaken!" Alvena barked back as she pushed the sewn body away from her. Both of them went into rage as both of their bodies caught on fire. Some people from Gondor came to witness that fight. Not knowing who to cheer.

Alvena swung her sword as hard and as fast as she could. When it seems like the fight would never end, the sewn body screamed out in agony. People started cheering as their gaze was set on Mordor. Alvena quickly looked just in time to see the volcano erupt and the eye tower falling.

The Sewn body fell to her knees as she stared at the eye,

"Not again." it whispered.

Alvena felt as if a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders. It felt like it was the first time breathing, Alvena turned to the sewn body as she charged towards her and let out a battle cry. Alvena hair was now fire as she charged to the depressed body. Alvena's sword plunged deep into the sewn body's chest and both of them crashed into a building from within the white city, the building quickly caught on fire with Alvena and the sewn body inside.

***

Legolas and the rest were happily galloping towards Gondor. Finally relieved that the battle is over. Legolas could think of many adventures he would have with Alvena. He even imagined them going to Rivendell and getting married. Legolas was thrilled. That's until all of them noticed the commotion in the gates of the white city. Aragorn galloped forward to inspect, so did Gandalf. Both of them staring at a stone building that caught on fire. "White wizard!" A man approached, "A woman fell inside with another, both of them on fire. But no matter how much water or how much we try to put the fire out... it only seems to add more fuel." the man spoke. 

"Alvena..." Gandalf whispered.

It seems as the building left no one alive. When Legolas finally processed what Gandalf and the man just said. He couldn't help but swing off his horse and quickly dash to the fire, "Legolas!" Gandalf called out for him to stop. But Legolas ignored him.

Before he could enter the building the fire prevented him from entering. "Alvena!" Legolas shouted, once Pippin and Merry noticed what Legolas was doing, they as well did the same. "Vena!" Pippin and Merry shouted over and over again. 

The fire seemed to die down... and once Legolas had a clear view,

"No..."

he gasped.