Trolls and Weapons

Soon we had to stop for the day, it was getting dark and I had a feeling something bad was about to happen. Fili and Kili were assigned to watch over the ponies while I was assigned to look after Bilbo. Which was my usual task, when I try to ask for a different task like I'll be the watch out or I'll scout ahead, Gandalf would always refuse to let me put myself in danger.

"A farmer and his family used to live here." Gandalf said. I looked around and said "I hope they are okay." But Gandalf just looked at me with a sorrowful face. 

"I think it would be wiser to move on." Gandalf announced. 

"Yes, me too." I said earning a glare from Thorin. "We could make for the hidden Valley." Gandalf said. 

"I've told you already, I will not go near that place." Thorin hissed. 

"Why not?" I asked even though I had no idea what the Hidden Valley is, maybe a Valley that is hidden.

"The elves could help us. We could get food, rest, advice." Gandalf said.

"I do not need their advice." Thorin said sternly. I look over to balin and asked "What are Elves?" You might think I'm dumb but the truth is the only being I know that walks this land is hobbits, dwarves, and humans. But Elves? Heard their stories but I don't know exactly what they are.

Balin looked at me and said "Perfect, Beautiful creatures! Pointed ears, they are swift and graceful at everything. Some of them have special power while some are just skilled in war." as he walked off. My eyes widen as I secretly touched my pointed ears that was hidden in my red bandana. But Gandalf quickly sent a look at me knowing something about me.

Soon I saw Gandalf storm off as he shouted "Myself, Mister baggins!!" Even though he whispered I could hear him say "I've had enough of Dwarves for one day." was he seriously gonna leave us?

***

 Was already night and it was time to eat. The dwarves made something that I haven't ate before until Bilbo came up to me and asked "Come with me to give Fili and Kili their dinner." I grabbed one bowl from his hands and started to follow him from behind.

We walked in silence and as we showed the two brothers their bowls they did nothing which was not usual of them. "What's the matter?" I asked.  

"We're suppose to be looking after the ponies." Kili said then Fili continued his sentence. 

"Only we've encountered a... slight problem." 

"We had sixteen," Kili said. 

"Now there fourteen." Fili said.

"Daisy and Bundor are missing." Fili said as he scouted around the rest of the remaining ponies. "Well... That's not good... and that is not good at all." Bilbo said as pointed at a tree and followed Fili while I followed Kili. 

"Shouldn't we tell Thorin?" I asked. 

"Uh, no. Let's not worry him. As our official Burglar, we thought Bilbo might like to look into it." Fili said and Bilbo stood there like an idiot and said "Well... eh, it looks as if something big uprooted these trees."

"That was our thinking." Kili said making me roll my eyes. 

"Isn't it obvious!" I groaned as I followed Kili and accidentally bumping into him making him turn around facing me. 

"Sorry." I whispered as I took a step backwards. 

"It's something very big and possibly quite dangerous." I said as I saw a light not too far away, I pointed over there then Kili looked and said "Hey! There's a light."