Rollin' in the Barrels

"Are you serious Bilbo?" Alvena exclaimed in a whisper as she looked at her brother Bilbo like he has gone mad. "Trust me with this." Bilbo whispered he then looked at Thorin for help and Thorin said "Do as he says." Everyone started getting into the barrels except Bilbo and Alvena who was waiting till all the dwarves were in. "Now what?" One of the dwarves asked. "Hold your breath." Bilbo said. "Hold your breath?" Alvena and the dwarves asked confusingly. 

Bilbo pulled the lever and the dwarves rolled into the river below. Alvena's mouth formed an 'O' as she watched the dwarves disappear. Bilbo then stand where the dwarves disappeared but nothing happened. "Now what genius?" Alvena asked already missing her sword and bow that Arwen gave her. "You are suppose to step somewhere here for it to open." Bilbo said as he was trying to find how to open the ground beneath them. "Great!" Alvena huffed as she heard Tauriel shout in the distance that the prisoners have escaped. Alvena backed up a bit not wanting to go back to the cold and dark dungeon when suddenly she felt as if she was falling back Bilbo slide with her as both of them slid and fell into the river right as Tauriel entered the cellar. 

Alvena and Bilbo emerged from the water to catch their breaths. "Welcome master hobbits!" Thorin greeted as they started to row their barrels further into the river with Bilbo holding onto a barrel and Alvena holding on to another. "Hold on!" Thorin shouted as a small waterfall appeared making them go under water just for a few seconds. As they all started paddling and struggling to get away from the elven kingdom Alvena was sad knowing she won't be able to say goodbye to her blond elven friend who she might never see again but she knew where her duty is and that's with her brother and the dwarves of Erebor.

Suddenly they heard a horn being blown in the distance. Alvena looked forward and saw a gate that has been closed "No!" Thorin shouted as he tried shaking the gate open. The guards above the gate were about to attack when an unexpected arrow came piercing through one of the guard's chest. An orc then appeared out of nowhere, and orcs started filling the gate area, fear struck Alvena knowing they don't have weapons except for Bilbo's sword. Kili then got out of his barrel and attacked an orc that approached him. Alvena watched in horror hoping no harm comes to her dwarven friend. Fili threw a dagger that he picked up from a dead orc, killing an orc that was about to attack Kili. Right as Kili was about to pull the lever to set them free, an arrow pierced Kili's leg. 

"KILI!" Alvena and Fili shouted at the same time right as Kili fell to the ground. Alvena's eyes then turned red as she got angry she got out of the water to help her dwarven friend but as she reached him an orc was about to attack her she couldn't do anything since she was in the water and her fire wouldn't work when suddenly an arrow pierced the orc's body. Kili and Alvena turned to see the owner of the arrow and saw it was the red head elf, Tauriel. Kili looked as if he was star struck. Tauriel kept on shooting orcs when they got too close to Alvena and Kili. The huge orc shouted something which made all the orcs attack Tauriel but one of the orc's head got pierced with another arrow and out from the bushes came Legolas and more archers. Alvena's heart leaped at the sight of Legolas but she shook the feelings away knowing she just met the handsome fella'. Alvena then pulled the lever and helped Kili up "KILI! ALVENA!" Fili shouted.

Alvena helped Kili to jump in his own barrel and she winced as the arrow snapped in half but before Alvena jumped she quickly grabbed one of the elven guards bow and arrows and jumped in the water. Tauriel and Legolas looked as Kili and Alvena drifted away in the water concern written all over their faces. Alvena and Bilbo struggled to hold on to the barrels but Alvena knew that she couldn't stay too long in the water if she wanted to use her bow and arrows she then quickly let go and swam towards the shore to climb on a big rock. "Alvena!" Bilbo shouted over the sound of waves crashing. 

Alvena ran along the rocks jumping from one to another shooting any orc that came near her friends. Although, she just started shooting a bow sometimes she would miss her aim and other times the string would make contact with her arm making the gash even worse. Alvena kept shooting but she didn't notice an orc coming right behind her and before she could load her bow with a new arrow it was too late but then another arrow pierced through the orc she looked behind and saw it was Legolas. Legolas and Tauriel was right behind her she didn't smile but she continued on catching up with her dwarven friends. 

As Alvena kept running and shooting she watched as Bombur's barrel flew up into the air and rolled along the side of the river killing multiple orcs. She watched as his barrel came to a stop and his arms and legs shot out with two weapons in his hands he started spinning around killing anyone who comes near him. Alvena laughed at the situation.

Suddenly Alvena jumped towards the river and landed on Bofur and Oin's head making them groan, Legolas also did the same, they both started shooting orcs but as a rock was about to come between their legs both Legolas and Alvena balanced gracefully on one dwarf's head. Alvena then grabbed Legolas' hand and gently tossed him towards the side of the river not letting go of his hand since Legolas pulled Alvena towards the side of the river. Before Alvena could kill the orcs that were in front of her Legolas beat her to it by sliding on one of the orcs, killing one and pushing the orc into the water. Legolas then jumped from dwarf head to another to get on the other side. Alvena did the same but as she stepped on a dwarf's head she kept saying "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry."

As she arrived on the other side of the river Alvena slipped and accidentally fell into the water with half of her body on a rock making a huge gash on her leg. She looked up just to see an orc about to stab Legolas when she shouted "Legolas!" Before Legolas could notice, Thorin threw an ax towards the orc killing it before it could kill Legolas. Alvena looked at Thorin and mouthed 'Thank you' Alvena quickly got up ignoring the pain scorching through her leg, running behind Legolas she was about to jump back into the water to catch up with the dwarves. "BILBO!" she shouted, but Legolas didn't let her go. "No, don't go Alvena." he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist keeping her from jumping back into the river.

"ALVENA!" she heard Bilbo and the dwarves call out to her. Legolas let Alvena go as she turned around just to see an orc aiming his arrow towards Legolas. "No!" she shouted stepping in front of Legolas since her fire couldn't yet work due to her being very wet and she wasn't fast enough to draw her arrow but Tauriel shot the orc's hand tilting his hand a bit good thing though because if Tauriel didn't do what she did then the arrow would have pierced Alvena's heart but instead it pierced her shoulder. She shouted in pain as she fell to the ground. 

"Alvena." Legolas called out as he caught Alvena in his arms. 

"Tauriel, keep that one Alive." Legolas said in elvish. He looked at Alvena who was in his arms she was falling unconscious "Alvena, stay with me. We'll heal you." he said but Alvena fell into the darkness wondering if she was alive or dead.