Don't get your hopes up

It was late at night, still many elves were up walking around and patrolling the boarders. Legolas and Tauriel got Alvena some light armor and brought back her weapons which were given by Arwen. Tauriel trusted Alvena with this journey but other than that she didn't trust her at all she just met her and knew nothing of the red head elleth. "How can we get passed the gates without getting caught?" Alvena asked as the three of them hid behind a pillar on the second floor looking at the gate that was guarded by four guards. 

Tauriel stood up and said "Meet you at the docks." As she winked at Alvena and Legolas. She jumped down gracefully and ran towards the guards "Guards! We spotted the dwarves near our borders, come quickly!" she shouted as she ran with the guards in the opposite direction. Once the guards were away from the gates, Alvena and Legolas jumped down and dashed towards the gates while it was open as they entered the dark forest they made their way towards the dock where they were to wait for Tauriel. 

Hours later they arrived at the docks just waiting for Tauriel which might take another hour. Alvena laid on the rock just staring at the stars that twinkled above her. "Do you have any memories from the stars?" Alvena asked as her eyes were still fixed upon the stars Legolas was keeping watch just in case they had an enemy or Tauriel would arrive. 

"Yes in fact I do." he said, "My mother." 

"You're lucky, I wish I had a memory. Sadly, I don't. But I only have a memory of being chased by a boar in the Shire and jumping over tiny fences." Alvena said. Legolas chuckled as he imagined Alvena jumping over tiny fences and being chased by a boar. 

"I just hope Bilbo is all right, I promised him I would protect him. I'm scared I might find him in a state I never wish to happen." she said sadly missing her brother and even though she wasn't very close to the dwarves she has grown fond of them. They were like cousins and most of all she missed Gandalf. 

"Don't get your hopes up Alvena, hobbits are known for their brave hearts. I'm sure he is out there thinking the same." Legolas said trying to cheer up his red head companion. "That's what I am afraid of, he has a brave heart but sometimes a brave heart could lead to deadly things." she said. 

Legolas sighed and laid beside Alvena to also look at the stars. "You see that star right there." he said pointing at a star that shined brighter than the others. "Yes." Alvena replied as she stared in wonder at the star. 

"When I miss somebody terribly I would look at that star and just stare at it for hours imagining the person I missed was lying right beside me. Myth says if you look at that star for too long you'll start to hallucinate about the person you missed." Legolas said. 

"Does it have a name?" Alvena asked. 

"No, but I call it forget-me-not star." he said, Alvena chuckled and said "That's a nice name." 

As Alvena stared at the star she could already see her brother Bilbo lying on the opposite side of Legolas, smoking on his pipe telling Alvena to stop thinking about adventures. She could already smell the scent of Bilbo, tobacco and tea. She could imagine she was in the Shire right above the hill of bag end listening to the soft voice of her and Bilbo's parents telling them stories of their ancestors. "I have always been fond of Tauriel.... She is skilled in fighting and has a smile that could lighten my day." Legolas broke the peaceful silence. 

"But I think the only reason she is hunting down these orcs is to see if that Dwarf is alive." he spat the word Dwarf. 

Alvena glared at him and said "His name is Kili and besides he is a very kind and funny dwarf." 

"I'm sorry I mean not to offend you. I was just raised by hating Dwarves!" he said. 

"It's fine but you should really get to know someone before you judge them who knows in the future your best friend might be a dwarf." Alvena said as she smiled at Legolas. Legolas rolled his eyes and said "Never in a million years will I ever be friend a dwarf." 

"Is that a wager I hear?" Alvena asked as she cupped her ear to hear better. 

"You're on! But I'll warn you that you'll lose!" Legolas said sure that he'll win. Alvena bolted up from the rock and asked "What happens if I win?" 

Legolas raised an eyebrow and asked "What makes you so sure that you'll win?"

Alvena snorted and said "Okay! What happens if you win?" Legolas thought for a moment. 

"How about we decide on the prize when the moment comes?" Legolas suggested.

"Deal!" Alvena said as both of them shook hands. 

"Remember, I have warned you." Legolas said. 

"We need to get moving." Tauriel said as she appeared walking straight towards a small boat. "Remember, if we leave then we betray my father." Legolas said. Tauriel nodded without making eye contact. They then got onto the small boat hoping they would reach Lake Town just before orcs do any harm to people, and Alvena was excited to see her brother once more.

I'm really really sorry guys if this is short, I promise I'll post a long one soon. I'm just so busy. Thank you for your patience! And if you have ideas then please do comment what you want to happen I just might put it in the story. :D