United

Everyone's heart stopped as they waited for Legolas to emerge from the fires with Alvena in his arms. 

Everybody waited.

Some had hope.

Some knew it was too late.

***

Through the cackling fire, Legolas tried to see if Alvena was anywhere near him. He could feel the scorching hot fire burning all around him. Suddenly a barrel exploded sending Legolas to the back, his cheek was burned and he felt as if trolls were cooking him. 

"Alve... Alvena..." he tried saying as his body became weak. 

He knew he was dying. Smoke was entering his lungs and the fire was burning him. As Legolas was about to close his eyes for the last time and succumb to the flames, a soft hand caressed his cheek. A hand that suddenly took all away the pain from his face, even though he couldn't feel anymore pain, Legolas was now wheezing to keep him breathing.

Then soft lips kissed his own. Lips he was familiar with and once the person pulled back Legolas can finally breathe. He opened his eyes and saw Alvena standing naked in front of him, although, he did not linger much on her body. Legolas looked at her eyes, her smile. 

He couldn't believe she was alive. 

Energized as ever. Legolas pushed himself off the ground and pulled Alvena into a hug. "I thought I lost you." Legolas said to her. Alvena pulled away and said "You'll never lose me--how could you when you would even walk through fire to save me?" 

Legolas and Alvena walked through the fire hand in hand. Once Pippin and Merry saw Alvena they bolted into a run but once they realized that Alvena was wearing nothing but Legolas' cloak they both stopped and looked anywhere but Alvena, both scratched their heads as both said at the same time.

"It's great to see you Alvena, we thought you were dead."

"You gave us a scare there! But it's a good thing you're alive."

Alvena chuckled at her friends. Then her gaze landed on Gandalf, 

"Welcome back princess."

***

"Frodo!!" Alvena shouted with glee as she saw him awaken in his bed. "Alvena!" he shouted back. Both embraced each other. "You have lots of tales to tell me young Baggins." Alvena said as she sprawled out on his bed. After greeting everyone, Frodo told his tale of him and Sam. 

Alvena laughed and squealed with joy as everyone also told their tales. Once Aragorn's coronation began, Alvena couldn't be more happier. She felt light as ever, like there was nothing weighing her down. Alvena wore a emerald green gown that she has borrowed from Lady Galadriel. Aragorn sang and her heart filled with the most utter most happiness. Aragorn then was joined with his one true love, Arwen. But once they shared a kiss for everyone to see, Alvena grew sad.

Across the courtyard was Legolas standing beside his father. His father glaring at Alvena every time he got to. Her gaze traveled back to Aragorn and Arwen who were already staring at her. "It is not my coronation only... Alvena." Aragorn told her. She was confused at first.

That's until the doors behind Aragorn opened. But before any emotion could make its way towards Alvena's face, a tear slid down from her face. Her arms fell to the side of her body. She felt weak and just wanted to sob. There stood before her, King Rahl and Queen Rose of the Red Kingdom, Alvena's parents.

Both of them stared at Alvena with a shock of happiness. 

"Alvena." her mother cried out as tears ran down her face. 

Alvena lifted up her gown as she ran towards her parents and pulled both of them into a hug. She couldn't help but sob as she realized that she was hugging her parents for the first time. 

"Ada... Naneth." she cried out. She pulled away and looked at her parents. Her father's eyes still a bright red and her mother's smile still able to spread warmth through your soul. They both smiled then Gandalf gave Queen Rose something. And King Rahl's voice rang through the courtyard,

"With Sauron gone from these lands... I, King Rahl, announce my only daughter, Princess Alvena. The Queen of the Red Kingdom." 

Then suddenly Queen Rose placed a beautiful red and gold circlet around Alvena's head. "My beautiful Alvena, Sauron is gone. Mordor is ours again... we can go home." she said softly. Alvena turned around to face the people even with her face stained with tears. People clapped their hands and the elves except for the royals, bowed to Alvena. 

Alvena's eyes then landed on Frodo who was also crying as well. She walked over towards Frodo and helped him up since he was bowing down at her. "You my brother, will always be my brother. You and your friends bow to no one." Then everyone bowed at the four hobbits standing awkwardly in the courtyard. 

It was a happy ending for all of them,

but there was one thing that was missing.

Hey guys! This is the second to the last chapter! Hoped you guys liked it. :)