Gandalf's staff

"Stay still." Legolas said as he tried healing Alvena's wound that Boromir caused. When Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas told Alvena that Boromir fell in battle, she cried once more. "It's fine--Ouch!" Alvena whimpered and Legolas gave her a look that says 'Really?' 

"No you're not Alvena, you would be fine if you didn't had a headache and complained every five minutes." he said as he wiped the rest of the blood that Gandalf didn't get when he saw her lying on the ground.

"Now stop being stubborn and stop squirming." Legolas said and Alvena squirmed even more trying to get out of his hold. "Alvena!" Legolas scolded. Alvena ignored him but then Legolas grabbed her shoulders and pressed his lips on hers. As Legolas pulled back Alvena sat there still and wide eyed. "I should have done that before if I knew it would work." Legolas chuckled. 

"Love birds! Come we must make it to Rohan before sun down." Gandalf announced and Legolas had to practically drag Alvena to his horse so they could share horses.

Once they started traveling with Gandalf on Shadowfax, Gimli with Aragorn, and Alvena with Legolas. They did not stop for break for they urgently needed to reach Edoras.

"Edoras and the Golden Hall of Meduseld there dwells Theoden King of Rohan whose mind is overthrown Saruman's hold over King Theoden is now very strong." Gandalf said darkly. "Be careful what you say do not look for welcome here."

As they entered the gates of the village all the distress that rested among the hearts of the villagers made Alvena and Legolas look at them with so much worry. "You'll find more cheer in a graveyard." Gimli muttered out quietly. This village had lost all of it's bright days because of Saruman. As they made their way to the largest building in the village, they dismounted the horses with Legolas helping Alvena off by carrying her. "You know, I know how to dismount a horse." Alvena said but Legolas chuckled and said "Yeah but it gives me an excuse to hold you." Which made Alvena blush madly. They were then stopped by a group of guardsmen.

"I cannot allow you before Theoden king so armed Gandalf Grayhame... By order of Grima Wormtongue." a guard in front said. Gandalf slowly looked over at everyone and slowly nodded his head. Alvena rolled her eyes at the men and handed her bow and arrows, she had no sword since she gave it to Sam. "Your staff." the guard asked Gandalf. Everyone looked at Gandalf expecting him to hand over his staff but Alvena knew him almost too well that he was stubborn to hand over his staff because when Alvena wanted to hold his staff Gandalf swatted her with his staff.

'He's too happy with that stick of his' Alvena said in her head.

Gandalf looked to his staff and then quickly looked to the guard. "Mmm... oh... you would not part an old man from his... walking stick." Gandalf said innocently with a false tired tone. The guard did not say a word, he only nodded his head and began to walk.

"Oh... dear Alvena ... come here please and help this old man please." Gandalf groaned at Alvena while Alvena stifled a laugh only to be quickly hit on the head with Gandalf's staff. 

"Stupid stick." Alvena muttered.

There was suddenly a loud bang and Alvena quickly looked back and saw that the door was closed and locked. She then looked up towards this man, this poor man in front sitting on his throne, was King Theoden. Then another man, he was pale, wore black clothes and had black greasy hair, Grima Wormtongue. Alvena saw him look at everyone before whispering something into the kings ear.

"The courtesy of your hall is somewhat lessened of late Theoden King." Gandalf said loudly.

"Why should I welcome you Gandalf Stormcrow?" the kings voice weak and raspy. Grima slowly whispered something to the king before he stood up. "Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear Lath spell I name him ill news is an ill guest." Grima said as he slowly walked towards Gandalf and Alvena.