Like father but not like Son.

Disclaimer: I do not own the video above. 

As they arrived in the beautiful realm of Thranduil they were forced to be put behind bars. Everyone tried breaking out of their cell but no matter how strong or tough a dwarf was the bars were stronger. Sadly they took Thorin to see the King first and Alvena was growing worried as each moment passes, and Thorin was no where to be seen.

A few hours have passed and finally Thorin returned and he looked beyond pissed. Suddenly Tauriel who Alvena found out was the red head elleth, and Legolas went up to her cell and dragged her out. Alvena could hear every dwarf shouting her name as they punched the bars of the cells trying to break it. The dwarves were worried for Alvena because they might do something bad to her because she burned the Prince's cheek that was now a dark violet. As they entered a bigger room and she saw an elf sitting on a throne with an orange golden crown sitting pretty on his head, he looked exactly like Legolas.

"So you are the creature who burned my son's cheek." he said as he was lounge comfortably in his throne. Alvena stayed quiet as the King stood up and slowly approached her. "Who are you and most importantly what are you?" he asked as he circled her like she was his prey. 

"My name is Alvena Baggins from the Shire, the unusual and strange hobbit." she said proudly making Tauriel and Legolas stifle a laugh behind her. "So you think you are a hobbit?" the King asked with a smirk plastered on his face. The King laughed merrily as he turned his back to Alvena and was approaching his throne for he thought Alvena was nothing but an insane elleth who was definitely been poisoned in the mind.

Suddenly Alvena shrugged Legolas and Tauriel's grip on her arms as she said with pride, "I am Alvena the lost Princess of the Red Kingdom and the only remaining one." Silence rang through the place but then with a hatred and horror filled Thranduil's eyes as he slowly turned around to face the young red head elf. "The Red Kingdom you say?" Thranduil hissed. 

"I thought they were wiped out and the King and Queen sailed west?" Legolas said. Alvena turned around with hope in her eyes as she looked at Legolas and asked "You know my parents?" Legolas was taken aback as she looked at him with innocent eyes her dark eyes looked like a mirror. "Yes." Legolas whispered as he was lost in her eyes.

Alvena smiled softly and it took Legolas' breath away but suddenly Thranduil approached Alvena harshly noticing the connection she had with his son-- He wouldn't allow his son be with an elleth from the red kingdom even if she had a title of a Princess. Alvena was startled by Thranduils move she backed up until her back was against a pillar. Thranduil was looming over her since Thranduil was taller than her by a lot and he hissed "You don't know what your parents did to me you don't know what kind of pain your parents put me through." As the left side of his face started to open like it was burned. "Your mother did this to me and surprisingly you did the same to my son." he hissed.

Alvena looked over at Legolas and saw his cheek was violet she instantly felt guilty. Legolas had a sad look as he watched his father yell and insult the young elleth. "You shall be locked up from the world--never to see the light or feel the wind. You shall forget the taste of delicious food or the smell of flowers. You shall never see your dwarf friends again." Thranduil boomed as he ordered the guards to put her in the deepest part of the dungeon. 

"No! You can't do this! My brother needs me! Gandalf needs me!" Alvena shouted her plea as she was being dragged out of Thranduil's sight. Legolas wanted to help but he knew he couldn't even if he wanted to or if it was the right thing to do.

Legolas looked at his father as Tauriel made sure that the prisoner will go to the deepest and most darkest prison in their kingdom. "Father is this necessary?" he asked. 

"My son don't tell me you care for this elleth?" his father asked as he sat back in his throne. "No." he replied briefly as he bowed to his father and left.

"Thorin! Balin!" Alvena shouted as she passed through the dwarves cells. "Let her go!" Dwalin shouted soon all the dwarves started roaring and pounding on the bars as hard as they could. Alvena tried her best to squirm out of their grip but they were too strong for her. Her eyes turned red but before she could release the fire from within they threw her inside a cell it was very dark and very wet. They closed the bars and Alvena tried hitting and kicking it throwing fire at it but nothing which she did out of rage, that's because the bars are special they aren't just any metal bars they are for the kin of the red kingdom that Thranduil built long ago. Alvena put her face between the bars and said "Please don't do this."

Tauriel glared at Alvena she didn't like what Thranduil was doing but neither did she like what Alvena's mom did to her King. She then walked away leaving Alvena all alone. Alvena slide to the ground sobbing. "I'm sorry." a voice said. Alvena looked out of her cell and saw Legolas standing there looking at her with sad eyes. Alvena wiped her tears and asked "You know my parents?" It was the only topic that could cheer her up at the moment or Gandalf shows up and saves the day like he usually does.

"Yes, I did." he whispered a small smile creeping up his face. He then sat down near the bars of Alvena's cell and continued his story "I was just a little elfling when I saw King Rahl and Queen Rose. I was intimidated by your father, he looked powerful yet at the same time friendly. He showed me a few tricks with fire and your mother was so beautiful she takes my breath away... you look exactly like your mother."

Alvena blushed and asked "So I take your breath away?" That's when Legolas noticed what he just said then he blushed as he looked at the ground making Alvena giggled. He couldn't help but admire as she giggled it sounded like a melody. He didn't know what was about this red head elleth that made him blush or even made him sit down in the dark dungeon talking to her. "I wish I could have seen them or at least have a memory of them." Alvena said as she looked at the light that was in the distance she smiled as she could just imagine her parents and her playing around.

"All my life I have believed that I was a strange and an unusual hobbit since I was raised by them along with my brother, Bilbo. I lived in the Shire as long as I can remember having my own small adventures there but I have always wondered what lies beyond the borders of the Shire. I craved for adventure now that I have got my own adventure look where it got me." Alvena said sadly. Legolas without thinking reached in through the bars and grabbed her hand "I promise you that you'll have your adventure your life won't end here.... Alvena." As he said her name Alvena's heart skipped a beat.

"I wish I can believe you Prince Legolas--" she was cut off as Legolas raised his hand for her to stop "Please call me Legolas." he said. She smiled softly and said "I wish I could Legolas but your father will make sure that I will stay here for the rest of my life." 

His smile faded but then he said "I will never give up on you Alvena. You will see the light again and feel the wind upon your skin, you will feel tired from dancing with your brother and your stomach will be full of delicious food. The smell of flowers shall always linger in the air around you... that is what I promise Alvena. The King might be my father but he has no right to keep you locked up in here."

"Thank you Legolas!" she said as tears of joy were running down her face. Legolas stood up and nodded his head as he walked away. He wanted to stay more but he couldn't because if he does he knew he would fall for the young elleth.

A few hours have passed and Alvena fell asleep not wanting to have the thought of being alone in a cold dark cell. "Vena!" Someone called. Alvena then heard the bars to her cell being opened, she then turned and asked "How many years has it been already?" As she saw Bilbo standing in front of her. "Just a few hours." he replied. 

Alvena bolted up and pulled her brother into a hug. "I thought I have lost you again brother." she said. Bilbo hugged her back and said "Come on! We don't have much time! We must free the others!" Bilbo said as they both started running. It was a good thing that Bilbo knows the place.

But no matter what situation they were in Alvena was still thinking of a certain elf.