Legolas

As they arrived in Rivendell, Alvena was greeted by Lord Elrond who she surprisingly hugged and he hugged her back, even Pippin asked Strider "Is she allowed to do that?" 

But Merry, Pippin nor Sam knew of her secret past. As Alvena saw Bilbo she did what she wanted to do which was slap him on the cheek and Bilbo admitted that he deserved that but after the slap she quickly hugged her brother and cried telling him not to ever leave her again. 

Alvena was wearing a white tunic with a brown vest and black leggings and brown flat boots, for once she didn't wear a bandanna, after visiting Frodo and hugging him to death even though he just woke up she felt relieved and she took this time to wander around Rivendell since she didn't get the chance to last time. She was in the gardens looking at the different styles and colors of flowers but her mind was somewhere else. She was clutching the ruby necklace thinking about Legolas. Years have passed still he still lingered in her mind. 

Alvena closed her eyes once more dreaming of Legolas but it was suddenly interrupted by a familiar voice "Oio naa elealla alasse' (Ever is thy sight a joy) 

Alvena quickly turned around and found herself smiling widely and brightly. "Legolas!" she squealed as she ran to him. He opened his arms for her, they both clashed into a hug with Legolas gently lifting her off the ground. 

"I missed you." Alvena whispered as she buried her head in his hair. 

"I as well." he replied as Legolas put her down she observed him and notice he was a lot more taller than he was before and he was stronger and more fit. 

"Your hair is longer." Legolas said awkwardly. Alvena chuckled then smirked "We haven't seen each other for more than fifty years and that's all you have to say to me?" she teased. 

Legolas gave an embarrassed smile and said "Sorry, I am very terrible at this." 

"What are you doing here anyway?" Alvena asked. 

"I have news for Lord Elrond and when I saw Bilbo along the way I thought that you were also here--and thus I am correct."  Alvena smiled as she tried to contain the heat that wants to erupt on her cheeks. 

"I see you kept my necklace." Legolas said as he pointed at the ruby necklace. 

"Ah, yes! I treasure it very much. I think of you often!" Alvena said shyly as she mentally slapped herself. 

Why she felt so awkward to a person she has been dying to see?

"I uuhhhh... have to go." Alvena stuttered as she turned around but Legolas caught her arm and she turned around to face him. 

"It is really nice to see you again Alvena." he said softly Alvena just smiled and walked away biting her lower lip, feeling utterly stupid.

***

"Tell me again, why is your lip bleeding? Did someone bite it?" Arwen asked as she was tending to Alvena's bleeding lip. 

"I felt awkward talking to someone and I bit it too hard I guess." she replied as she winced a bit when Arwen put a wet cloth upon her lip. "And who is this person you feel awkward towards to? Is he of hobbit folk? Or elven folf?" Arwen asked. 

"He's of elven folk." Alvena mumbled under her breath, and Arwen smiled at Alvena's answer once she was done tending to her lip. Arwen grabbed Alvena's hands and asked "Who is he? I assume it should be an ellon since it would be too silly to be awkward towards an elleth." 

Alvena was pondering on whether she should tell Arwen or not. 

"Prince Legolas." she said. Arwen's eyes widen in shock as she squealed. Alvena was shock to see this side of Arwen since she thought of Arwen to be quiet and reserved and not at all like this. 

"But you promise me you won't tell anyone!" Alvena hissed. "What are you inquiring? That you have feelings for the woodland Prince?" Arwen asked with sparkles in her eyes. 

"No... not that I know of." Alvena said unsure herself on how she feels towards the Prince.

"Let me ask, do you think of him often?" 

"Maybe."

"Do you miss him when he is away?"

"Maybe."

Alvena answered as she looked away trying her best not to look sure herself.

"Do you want to see him when you know he is near?"

"Enough of the foolish questions!"

"Does your stomach feel funny when he smiles?"

Alvena was quiet as Arwen smiled widely already knowing Alvena's feelings. "You are head over feet for this ellon." she accused. 

"No I am not! I barely even know him. Yes, we have been on an adventure together I might have saved his life but it doesn't mean I am crazy over him." Alvena said as she paced the room.

"Well, obviously you do have some sort of feelings for the young Prince, it is written all over your face." Arwen said and this made Alvena touch her face and look in the mirror. "You cannot deny what you feel Alvena. If you don't do something soon then you'll lose the Prince either to the war-- him never knowing your feelings and he'll die that way or some other elleth will sweep him off his feet." Arwen said. 

"Then saves me the trouble to think if he ever feels the same way--" As soon as Alvena realized what she just said. Arwen smirked as she walked out of the room.

***

After Arwen left the room Alvena wandered around Rivendell and bumped into Gandalf, and of course the first time she saw Gandalf she couldn't talk to him since she was too busy hugging her young nephew and now that her Gandalf had a talk she felt at ease now. 

"Gandalf, when am I due to go home?" Alvena asked and Gandalf looked at her in surprise and asked "Before you love adventure, now you seek home?" 

Alvena smiled sheepishly and said "I still do love adventure but it won't be the same without Bilbo or the dwarves of Erebor." Gandalf gave out a merry laugh.

"Yes, I agree with you Ms.Baggins but this adventure will be different and I have a feeling that this will not be Bilbo's time, for it is Frodos' if I shall say." Gandalf said. 

"Frodo? Going on an adventure? I'll never see the end of it." Alvena laughed freely. 

"Yes, but Legolas might be there." Gandalf teased. 

"So...." Alvena said Gandalf sighed and said "My dear, dear Alvena whether you accompany us on this adventure or not still adventure will seek for you. You are the last survivor of the Red Kingdom. Secrets from within will start to show. It is time to put Alvena Baggins of the Shire, the unusual and strange hobbit aside and be who you are destined to be Princess Alvena Fury of the Red Kingdom, the last survivor...."

"Because wherever you go danger will follow. Your life is on the line and so is the people around you."

"Even Legolas?" Alvena asked.

"Especially Legolas." Gandalf replied.

Alvena pondered on it, but what is there to ponder on? Everywhere she goes danger will await her everyone she loves will either be dead or be protected by her. She had no other choice and even if she had one she knew what she would choose.

"I'm going on another adventure!"