Chapter 1: Hamilton, Scotland

Summary of book 2 (in case you don't remember): The Avengers had a major disagreement that lead to the civil war (basically the plot of Captain America: Civil War). Y/n and Wanda fought with Steve and against Tony. Natasha was on Tony's side and shocked to see y/n in that battle. She and y/n had a couple of disagreements and don't get along at the moment.
Y/n's Dad reached out and offered help when she and Wanda needed an apartment in London after fleeing from Germany and the battle. But London didn't work out for then and y/n's dad showed a not so kind side of himself. Now y/n and Wanda found a new place and fake identities.

Pov y/n

I hum a song that's been stuck in my mind since this morning while steering the pasta and swaying my hips a little. The setting sun paints the sky orange and I smile at the view, I like sunsets.

Shortly after I hear steps behind me, two arms wrap around my waist and I feel the warmth of a body behind me.

"You know, it was my turn to cook tonight." I hear the soft voice of my girlfriend, making me smile.

"I know, but I finished school stuff early and thought I'd surprise you." I reply and get a kiss on the cheek for that.

Her hands rest on my stomach and I put one hand over hers, leaning a little into her. She rests her chin on my shoulder and a few of her red strains fall over it.

"You're a busy bee today." She says and I snicker at her choice of words, kissing her cheek.

"I am, indeed." I agree. "Today's assignment also wasn't much, so." I say and shrug a little, watching the pasta cook and swaying a little again.
I hear a slight chuckle before her body moves as well, following my rhythm.

After we arrived and got settled, I applied to evening classes to finish my education since it will bring some advantages later in life. I luckily got in pretty quickly and after a first test, they decided that I only need to study half a year more until I am allowed to graduate, which is exactly as it would have been back home.
I'm very glad about that. A few of those classes need to be attended, others, which contains most of them, are online, so I can work from our apartment.

That makes it easier and a little quicker most of the time. It works pretty well and I am excited to graduate soon.
To earn some money next to it, I also work a part time job at a news paper company. My job isn't big and doesn't pay a lot but every penny helps.
Most of the time I just schedule meetings or get coffee or run around the office to deliver some news or stuff like that. Very rarely, I was allowed to go with a reporter to interview someone or take pictures for their article.

I signed into the job under my wrong name and since I am not really known, no one connected the dots. I hope that I can work there full time, once I finished school and maybe get a reporter job because I still really enjoy writing and would love to do that for a living. But I guess, I'll have to wait and see which opportunities will be there when I graduate.

"It was still my turn. You already went to work this morning and then had your classes." Wanda insists lightly and brushes some hair out of my face, making me feel warm inside. I hum and glance at her.

"You've been working as well today." I point out and she playfully rolls her eyes, not wanting to be confronted with her own argument.

Wanda got a job as well but since she is more likely to be recognized, she applied for one that she can do from home. I'm gonna be honest, I don't know what exactly she does but I know she needed a computer for it, so we bought a laptop for her, since we still had some extra money from Steve.

Her work hours are a little more flexible but she still works between six and eight hours each day. Sometimes it's more exhausting and sometimes less. But with both our jobs combined, we are able to afford the little apartment we're living in.