Chapter 5: How to make friends and enemies

As sunlight peeked through the curtains, Adelaide's eyes began to flutter. She opened her eyes to see that she had fallen asleep while book was open in her hands. She hadn't stopped reading it, it seems that she had fallen asleep while reading it.

"Good morning, Dela." Sarah said cheerfully, using her new nickname.
"Good morning to you both, Sarah, Alice." Adelaide said smiling gently at them.
"Morning. Now, let's go and eat some breakfast. I am starving." Alice said dramatically.

  Adelaide wore her uniform with her new blue tie. Her pullover had blue linings too. She shoved her letter that she had written to her parents in her bag, as she wanted to send it with Victoria's owl to their parents. Adelaide wore her blue headband too, letting all of her hair falling loose.

  She and her new friends exited their common room. They made their way to the great hall. The tables had lots of different breakfast options on them.
"I'll be going to Victoria, i'll be joining you seen."
"Of course, go. We'll save you a sit." Alice said.
Adelaide made her way to the Gryffindor table.
"Hello, Victoria. Can you send my letter with yours to our parents with Summer?"
"Sure thing Heidi."

Adelaide looked for Lily at the Gryffindor table. Lily was with the same two girls. She made her war to her.

"Hi Lily. How are you doing?" Adelaide asked kindly.
"Hi Adelaide. I'm doing great actually." Then Lily turned to the two girls beside her. "These two are in my dorm. Also my new friends. This is Marlene McKinnon." The blonde girl nodded to her. "This is Mary McDonald."  The brown girl looked at her and a big smile found its way to her lips. "Hi!"

"Girls, this is Adelaide Winchester."

"Good morning, Mary, Marlene." Adelaide smiled at them. She was glad that Lily had found some warmth and friends already.

Adelaide glanced to her back. "I also became friends with the girls in my dorm." She pointed at them, "that is Alice Fortescue and the one beside her is Sarah Collins."

"Oh that's nice." Lily said. Before she asked anything else, they heard someone clear their throat. All of them turned around and saw Severus.

"Oh, girls this Severus. Severus these are Mary and Marlene." Lily said.

  The girls kept staring at him. Severus didn't acknowledge them. "Lily, I'll be waiting for you after breakfast. It seems our first class is together. Potions." He drawled in a monotone voice. Then Severus went to his table.

"Well, i should return to mine as well, see you later." Adelaide said before turning around and seating beside Sarah and Alice.

  After stuffing herself with breakfast, they walked to the dungeons, as they had potions too.
  As they walked in the long corridor, Sarah loudly exclaimed:" I really want to be able to do cool potions. Like, the ones that make you change to other people, what was the name? Never mind. I think it's such a cool subject don't you think?"
Alice and Adelaide giggled at Sarah. Sarah continued talking on and on about a time when her brother, when he was 2 years old drank a potion that made him bounce around the room. They laughed at her story.

Suddenly a shouting came with books falling, and two boys were chasing each other, Adelaide recognised one of them as Sirius and the other one was the boy with messy jet-black hair. They looked back, Lily's books had fallen and she was helped by Severus. Severus glared at the long-gone boys. Severus is a little too angry at them, which is weird. Perhaps because they are in Gryffindor?

  They went inside the dungeons, the tables were designed in some way that only two people could seat beside one. Sarah sat beside Adelaide while Alice sat beside a dark skinned girl from Gryffindor who had beautiful velvety brown hair that was longer than her shoulders and big brown eyes.