Chapter 55: Love, Bruises and Injuries

Adelaide was writing her potions' assignment in the potions class when she heard Mary's worried voice: " I don't know what he wants with me... he just told me i am annoying little mud blood piece of shit and then said he will teach me my place. I told him to get lost but he just laughed."

"Who told you all this, Mary?" Adelaide asked as she stared at her friend.
"Mulciber."
"Did you do something to garner his attention or something? Annoy him i mean?" Sarah asked.

"Even if he was annoyed or something he has no right to do anything." Mary said as she continued: "But i rather not say what happened."

"Tell us then perhaps we could help you, Mary." Dorcas said as she added something to her potion.

"Well, they, i mean Mulciber and Snape were bickering over you, Lily." Mary said as she pointed at Lily's direction who only frowned.
"What were they saying about me?" Lily asked as she tried to remain neutral.

"You know; the usual bullshit. Mulciber told him to let you go, that you're a mud blood and a «confident, bratty, proud» mud blood at that. That only people like Potter could you know, be with you and befriend you; Blood traitors with no shame."

"What did Severus say in response?" Lily asked as her breath dropped.
"He didn't call him out on those disgusting vile insults but said that you were his friend for a few years, and despite the «disadvantage» in your heritage, you were still very clever and magically talented and powerful, someone that «they», whoever they are, may count on."

"Anything else?"Lily asked as she pursed her lips.
"Mulciber joked that with his obsession and continued friendship with you, he might as well as like you, but he laughed and said that was not the case, which is mean can't be a lie, because you're is way out of his league. Then Mulciber told Avery to tell you, Dela, to stay away from us." Adelaide's heart dropped as she huffed.

"He doesn't own me, i will do whatever i wish and see fit, and also be friends and talk to whomever i want." Adelaide said angrily. "So tell me what was his response?"

"That he would try to sway you to the correct side." Mary answered.

"Look, i told you, Dela. Stop being stupid and realise he's a jerk. Stop dating him, ok? Just tell him some bullshit about being busy and not being able to date him anymore." Marlene said as she looked at Adelaide tensely.

"I don't- it's not an easy decision to make-"
"That's actually one of the easiest decisions you will ever make in your life, i promise you that. Marls is right, you know." Alice told Adelaide as the latter only looked down, awkward as she saw the attention shifting on her.

"Adelaide he made you sad again last week, and over what? Ah, over you asking about why he left the school in the weekend." Marlene argued.

"He apologised and said he was busy and stressed. He bought me flowers and all too, he said he was very sorry." Adelaide said weakly.

"Flowers? Please. Even if he kneeled in front of you, begging for forgiveness, still he had no right to scream at you just because you asked for his wellbeing. It doesn't make it right. Imagine if your argument was over something more important and polarising, what do you think he will do then?"

"He loves me." Adelaide replied.
"Well, many would claim that, even if he does, he just wants you to be a passive pretty thing beside him as he does whatever he wishes while not being called out."
"I love him too." Adelaide continued without faltering.

"You will love plenty more." Marlene said nonchalantly. As she then turned around and said: "And tell me that right after he hits you for the first time."
"Marlene!" Sarah snapped.