Chapter 39: Crushes, Friendships and Ice Cream

Lily and Adelaide had a lot of fun for the remainder of the week. Petunia, whenever she wasn't going out with her friends or boyfriend, she would sometimes visit them. It was mostly for rubbing something in Lily's face, whenever that happened Adelaide didn't but in their conversation since it was a familial business and she knew how Severus' butting in had caused more drama between the sisters, but when Petunia got extra cruel, Adelaide would defend Lily politely, in a way that wouldn't add fuel to the fire. On rare occasions, Petunia would just talk normally to them, something that shocked Lily a bit. "She wasn't as ok as this week. Perhaps it's for you being here that made her kinder. You know despite your being a witch, she likes you i suppose."

Soon, it was time for Lily and Adelaide to leave Cokeworth. Adelaide thanked them for their hospitality and said her farewells to them(including Petunia) and Mr. Evans dropped them off at a train station nearby. Lily and Adelaide boarded the train, and Adelaide was glad that she was getting into the safety of her home. After the first day that she felt as if she was being constantly watched, the other days were ok, but whenever they were outside, Adelaide always had her wand nearby and prepared to strike that thing or person with fire or ice.

Travelling by the muggle train was much slower than the bus. The journey that Adelaide had in some half an hour with a few stops in between, was stretched on for more than 2 hours. They fell sleep for the train ride and were woken up with the halt of the train. Their stop was in a station at a bigger town near Raven's hill. Adelaide asked for a ride and they went to Raven's hill by car.

When they reached Raven's hill, Lily was in awe of the beauty and grace of the village. "Most habitants here are of the wizarding world. I suppose all of the muggles somehow know something, but we don't take chances of shouting this fact. My home is a little bit outside here. We need to walk there."

They walked for a few minutes, when they reached the white villa. Adelaide knocked on the door. Footsteps were heard and the door opened. Martha greeted her. "Oh Adelaide, you don't know what kind of mischief your brother was up to these past days, even Victoria had enough of him. You are the only one who can tame that boy."

"Oh, he did take my words to heart. I will most certainly give him a talking to." Then Adelaide glanced at Lily, "Lily, this is Martha. A great helper of my family."

Her family greeted them. Edmund quickly went over and was the first one to hug her. He bolted and nearly choked her in his hug.
"Eddie, i heard you were quite a handful this past week. I never told you not to behave. I told you some pranks here and there is fine, not making chaos."

"Sorry Heidi, i just got carried away. It was my form of protest for you and Helena not being here."

"Oh Eddie, when you bring the person you're dating here, i swear i would make chaos so badly, that you would compare the devil favourably to me." Victoria promised as she greeted Adelaide and Lily.

"When a woman decides to take a revenge, Eddie, even the devil would sit and take some notes." Elizabeth chuckled as she hugged Adelaide and helloed Lily.

"I will never date, i am much cooler than that." Edmund stuck his tongue.

"We'll see. Who ever says they won't date at a young age, is usually the earliest person to settle down, mark my words." Adelaide warned him.

"Hi Heidi." Helena hugged her and shyly looked at Lily, "Hi to you too, Lily." Lily smiled at her.

"Well, all of you. They are all tired, let Adelaide settle our guest." Robert told the rest of them. "Oh and by the way, Heidi, Lizzie went and took the exam for the wizarding art academy a few days ago."

"Oh really? I hope you passed it." Adelaide and Lily took their baggage upstairs.

"Ok Lily, this is my room, this guest room here is the nearest to mine and it's where you'll stay for the remainder of the week. Those are my siblings' rooms respectively so we're nearby."