Chapter 45: A Wedding and the Surrounding events

"So, can you tell me whose wedding are you attending, again? The girl's name, i mean. Was it Rose or Daphne? A flower-related name it was..." Sarah asked as she was reading a book while lying on her bed, relaxing. Adelaide was dressing up and getting ready for the occasion.

"Narcissa Black, soon to become Malfoy." Adelaide replied.

"It's the wedding of the society. Since today is Saturday, would you stay on Sunday there or a few more days?" Alice asked as she herself was drawing on her sketch book.

"Oh, no. I am going to return tonight. Of course the festivities are going to continue for a few days and there had been a few parties before. More than just the usual engagement party. But Elizabeth, as her close friend, attended a few them and as a family, we're going to attend just tonight. The wedding of two pure blood people from prejudiced families is too much to handle."

"Oh, i am sure the whole thing had been worth a fortune. It is probably going to dethrone her sister's wedding as the wedding of the century, as the Daily Prophet called it." Sarah replied.

"Oh, yes. But they need to be to over the top to even attempt to dethrone Bellatrix' wedding. But then again Malfoys are more showy, like peacocks, so that will happen probably and because Bellatrix' wedding had been planned in a haste."

"So all of your family members are going to the wedding?" Alice asked again.

"No. Victoria won't come because of her NEWTs but it was more related to her hating those people. Edmund is also too young, so that leaves papa, Lizzie, Lena and I."

Adelaide soon returned to her preparation, and wore a light blue dress that matched the colour of her eyes that had thin straps and it reached a little bit below her knees. Silver embroideries were at the bottom of her dress and her hair was loose and she put a silver headband over her hair. She wore white lace gloves and   White pantyhose with white lace boots and she also took a shawl to put on herself when she took off her coat there. She applied some pink lip gloss and with Sarah's insistence some blush on her cheeks too.

"You are stunning, oh my god. Perhaps someone might even ask for a dance, too. It can't be that bad, have a lot of fun." Sarah said enthusiastically, hugging her carefully not to wrinkle her dress.

"True. A goddess really. Tell us all the tea later." Alice told her as she hugged her too. Adelaide nodded at her and smiled and said goodbye.

Helena was waiting in the common room, she was wearing a beautiful green dress that had cute round sleeves with golden embroideries, it reached her knees. She also had some of her front hair pulled back with a bow of the same colour as her dress.

"You look so beautiful, Dela!" Helena said quickly, staring at her.
"You look cute yourself too, Lena. Let's go shall we?" Helena nodded and they left for the great hall. It was only 4, so there were some students walking around and they would look at them curiously.

"I hope you don't die there due to unhinged stupidity and craziness." Victoria grinned as she watched them with a look of relief.

"I hope so too, bye Toria." Adelaide responded with a hint of humour in her voice.

As they left, for the entrance, where their father and Elizabeth were waiting for them, Adelaide saw Somerset, who was staring at her with an unreadable expression. Frank noticed his gaze and tapped him on his arm and he finally looked away, meeting Frank's questioning but knowing look.
They exited the school and found Robert and Elizabeth waiting for them. Elizabeth was wearing a thick cloak on her long dress that was pink and with tulle. Her cheeks had turned pink from the cold and she looked beautiful as always. She had straightened her bangs that fell over her eyebrows and her hair was in an up-do with fake flowers and pearls put in it. Robert was wearing a blue wizarding evening robe with a black cloak over it.