Chapter 7: How to become rivals

The next day they had one charms class with Hufflepuff and double Transfiguration with Gryffindor. Charms was nice and nothing of interest happened there. They got along well with them and the 3 girls got to know Albert bones and som of his friends and housemates. But that was unlike transfiguration.

"Sit down, i will grade your homework now, and return it to you so that you know how i grade your homework." Mcgonagall said as she collected the papers. "Mr Black, may i ask where is your homework?"

"Oh i, got it wet by juice accidentally." A terrible lie. Everyone was curiously looking back and forth between the professor and Black. Black is signing his death sentence now.

"Mr Black, since it's the first time you have homework for my class, i will not do anything about it, but the next time... detention will be waiting for you." Mcgonagall replied sternly.

The rest of the class was boring a bit, since when Mcgonagall was returning their papers the person whose paper was being returned, needed to demonstrate the lesson of last session.

"Thank you miss Evans, you wrote a well-written report and your demonstration was without fault." Mcgonagall told Lily, who was beaming and happy.
"Thank you, professor."

In between the demonstrations, they were hearing tips and notes from Mcgonagall on transfiguration.
"There were some of you who got full marks but only two of you were so good and thorough that in the future, in your OWLs you'd get the full marks when it's checked by someone else. Mr Somerset and miss Winchester's paper was flawless. You can take their papers and read them if you want to know what exactly you need to write in order to obtain the highest scores."

Somerset and Adelaide looked annoyingly and at each other. "But who was better professor?" Somerset pressed. What? Seriously, is he asking her that? Adelaide crossed her arms over her chest. Lily looked concerned for her friend and put a hand on her arms to assure her.

"Frankly, both of you were on the same level. Now, let's start for the second lesson...." but as she was going to continue, her words were drowned when a sound of explosion was heard at the end of the class.

"Potter, Black, Pettigrew and Lupin! What do you think you're doing?" She shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Sorry professor. I wasn't doing anything. I was trying to stop them." Lupin said apologetically. But Black's laughter didn't help his case at all.

"All of you will have detention today and tomorrow. At 6."
"But, i.."
"It is final mr Lupin." Mcgonagall snapped sternly.

"Those boys, they already formed a gang it seems. They can't even keep quiet in Mcgonagall's class." Lily said.

"I had high hopes in Remus, he didn't seem the troublesome type of student, but then again, he said he was trying to stop them." Adelaide said disappointed by the boy.

She glanced back and saw Somerset talking with Frank about their housemates' shenanigans. When their eyes met, he narrowed his eyes and Adelaide did the same.

There double transfiguration ended, they had been given so much homework that there would be no place left for other school subjects.

"Are you planning on doing something today?" Alice asked her.
"I will have sister-bonding time it seems. Then work and then dinner and then homework at the library and working in the common room."
"Don't be silly. We have plenty of time for all these homework. We don't have transfiguration until the next week. The others you have done them, i think."
Alice said attempting to make her friend loosen up.