Chapter 56: A Study Group and Vulnerability

A week passed from Mulciber cursing on Mary, and it was now a traumatising faint moment in their lives. William apologised to Adelaide for a week after their argument and Adelaide accepted his apology. While her friends didn't know what happened and didn't see the bruise on her arm, since she was hiding it with long -sleeved clothing, they were unamused by her forgiving him. Adelaide and Somerset turned in their project to Slughorn, who was amazed by what they wrote together, and soon afterwards in the next edition of the paper, their piece was published and many reacted very positively to it.

"You never told me you and Somerset were collaborating on a piece." Lily said as she sipped her tea in breakfast and was reading the paper. "He is alive much to our surprise since I thought you would kill him if you were forced to work with him."

"Well, i decided against it since this was a great opportunity and i didn't want to ruin it and he wasn't... that bad."
Lily's eyebrows shot up as she analysed Adelaide and after some time said: "That's a relief then."

"Guys, Frank told me of his idea of forming a study group. Till the end of the seventh year, it would be nice for anyone who is interested to study together and learn and improve together." Alice informed them as she sat beside them.

"That's a good idea." Sarah said happily. "Who's going to come to those meetings then?"

"I don't really know, i only know Slytherins have rejected his offer that he begrudgingly gave them, but for the rest, i have guesses only. The first group meeting is today, he said, and we're reviewing the first year herbology, the first half of the book. So are you interested to join us?"

"We would love to." Adelaide said as she smiled. In the end, Lily, Sarah, Dorcas and her were to join Alice tonight, at 7.

Their lessons were becoming more and more difficult and it would be good to review and study with your friends to be more productive and ease the pressure and stress on you. Adelaide had a very tight schedule of studying, reviewing, practicing her own powers, playing violin and her free time was packed as well, as she was either with her friends, William or Helena and her friends, and later she would have individual lessons with Dumbledore and there would be Slughorn's gatherings too. Yes, her life was busy and hectic but in her opinion it was better than sitting idly.

Adelaide wore a violet cardigan over her pale yellow dress and braided her hair and wore black shoes as she waited for Alice and Sarah to prepare for the study session. After Alice and Sarah finished getting ready and they left for the empty classroom the meeting was in. Frank had asked permission from Mcgonagall and she was more than happy to let them use one for that reason.

When they arrived, they saw everyone already there. Lily and Dorcas had sat down while Adelaide saw Albert Bones and Henry Abbott talking with each other. She also saw Frank, Remus and Somerset talking with each other.
"Ah i like this gathering already, only truly studious people who we know have attended." Sarah muttered.

Alice greeted Frank with a kiss and they began sitting down. Some of the tables and the chairs have been turned around in a circle and they needed to sit there. Adelaide was sat between Sarah and Somerset, but she ignored the latter.

"Hello Adelaide, please don't be that petty and at least bother to greet a simple greeting." Somerset said in a sarcastic voice.

"Well, hello there Somerset, how do you do? Is that better? Does it change anything?" Adelaide answered him with annoyance.

"And i thought there was some progress..." Remus muttered under his breath as he earned a slap on his back from Albert.

"Now leave your quarrel behind, we have things to do." Frank said helping Somerset put from answering Adelaide.
"Let's read for thirty minutes, then do some dome exercises about those subject material that i found, but perhaps from the next sessions we can have someone review the lessons." They nodded and went to read their notes.