Chapter 6:Doodles, murders and sherbet lemon

"Ahh!"
When Adelaide woke up, Midnight was in front of her face, so close that she got scared.
"Midnight! Seriously, please don't scare me in the mornings." She sighed and patted her kitten.

"Good morning guys." She said to Sarah and Alice. Sarah was still in bed, half-awake but Alice was brushing her hair.

"It was about time, you know, i thought you would never awake." Alice said. "Now get your lazy butts up. We have a long day. Herbology, astronomy and history."

"I'm already tired. Seriously, when this week ends i will throw a party." Sarah groaned.

They got ready and went down the great hall for breakfast.

"Heidi, there you are. Here, our parents wrote you a letter. It arrived today, Summer brought it." Victoria suddenly appeared, with one of her friends, trailing after her. "By the way, tomorrow Elizabeth and I would like to have a sister-time with you."

"Oh, thanks, very well. I'll see you tomorrow."

Adelaide parents had written of their pride in her and how glad they were of her finding friends. They actually were surprised by Sirius Black's sorting, saying how they heard of Walburga's rage.

Adelaide, after reading the letter, brought her head up and saw how everyone was murmuring and talking nervously at their tables. She glanced at Alice who was reading a newspaper. Sarah looked at the newspaper and gasped.

"What is it?" Adelaide asked.
"There had been murders. In a muggle town in England. Gruesome, it was not even mentioned how they were killed here. It was the same new gang again, what was it? Ah, death eaters." Alice replied in a distracted and quick manner her eyes scanning the text again.

"Let me see." Adelaide said. No one had been arrested, as no one had any clue of who could have been of the death eaters. Apparently, the many nervous voices was due to the troubling news. There was a photo too. It was black and white and not too clear, there was no photo of the bodies but the house in the photo was deranged and had bloody marks on it. She felt she was getting sick.

"The Slytherins don't seem that fazed. I already bet some of their parents are already in this group or if not yet, soon they'll be joining them." Alice said letting Adelaide take the paper from her.

"I won't be concluding this so soon. There are many people that could have some parents that actually are ok with this, and are in other houses." Sarah said, frowning. "But even if their parents are really death eaters, it isn't the children's responsibility. They are innocent."
"Yet." Alice said unfazed.

"The poor muggles. They are killed for no reason, other than sport. What kind of person should you be in order to be able to do this?" Adelaide said putting the paper away.

"It is getting worse though. It is only the beginning. They started doing some messed up things, a few months ago and already, they are making terror." Dorcas appeared suddenly, sitting beside them. "Hi guys. I see you heard the news."

"Hi, Dorcas. It is hard to miss it though." Alice said.

"But, do you think it'll get worse? The ministry should be able to stop this. We already had some people who get crazy and do crazy things. It is not different." Sarah said trying to be optimistic.

"I don't think so, Mary said that she heard from Mcgonagall, who heard from Dumbledore that these people are those who are bound to stay for a while. Too much for having peace in the wizarding world this past decade." Dorcas said cynically.

"It was pretty unsafe by summer, but now... . At least we are bot muggle-borns. How are Lily and Mary, by the way?" Adelaide said worried for her friends.