Chapter 54: A Night with Animagis

"So now are we counted as Animagi?" Peter asked impatiently as they all sat on the bathroom floor, looking at their vials of potion. There was a storm outside, and luckily this was their first week of school so they would be Animagis much sooner than they thought.

"First we need to do the incantation one last time, then we drink it. Then Peter, we will be Animagis." Stephan reminded him as they smiled at Peter.

They whispered the incantation one last time and then they looked at each other. Frank gave them their own vial of potion and soon after checking to see if it was handed out correctly, they nodded and drank it in one go.

"That was... not good." Somerset said as he frowned at the taste of the potion.

"No, Steph, the correct thing to say was that it tasted like shit." Sirius said energetically.

"Don't be ungrateful, i have heard that polyjuice potion's awful taste makes you wish that you weren't born." Adelaide reminded them.

"Oh, thank you, my lady, for reminding us to be grateful and optimistic about everything." James said as he faked-puked, earning a flare from Adelaide.

"I am so excited. We will all get our visions tonight! I can't wait to see what animal i would become." Peter said happily.

"Me too." Adelaide smiled at him kindly.

"Now that you will become animagis, what would you do with that exactly?" Frank questioned them.

"One step at a time, Frank. But seriously let's tell each other tomorrow after we woke up."Peter said as he nearly jumped up and down excitedly. Everyone nodded at him.

"So you're still with that arsehole?" Sirius asked casually turning to Adelaide.

"What?" Adelaide said as she suddenly understood what he was saying. "If you mean William, yes we're still together."

"How unfortunate." Sirius mumbled as he looked at Somerset ever so slightly, who was intently listening but pretending that he was combing his hair.

"Why can't you just leave me alone with my own business?" Adelaide asked Sirius. "And who are you going out with? You're the one who is constantly looking for girls to flirt with, you know."

"Well, honestly, i will be asking a muggle-born fourth year from Hufflepuff today. She's cute." Sirius answered. "But don't change the subject, you deserve someone better."

"True. As a friend, Adelaide, he is no good." James nodded as he agreed with Sirius.

"And yet here we are." Adelaide sighed as she waved them goodbye, leaving for the door. "I will see you here after breakfast tomorrow."

"Bye." Remus said apologetically.

When walking to the transfiguration class with the
Gryffindors, Adelaide saw Marlene talking to a girl and afterwards saw Marlene walking towards her with a smirk on her face.

"Your first girlfriend?" Adelaide asked her.

"Yep. Oh, by the way, i told everyone yesterday, before you came for dinner, about my being into girls. Since i was going to ask Lara out today, i thought yesterday would be the perfect timing. All of them were supportive, like you." Marlene explained as Adelaide smiled at her.

"Well then, congratulations are in order." Adelaide smiled at her as she sat beside Lily and started to take notes from the board.

That night, when Adelaide was sleeping she had a number of dreams and one of them was a vision of a female lion. She jumped up afterwards and woke up, understanding that was the animal she would turn into, much like her patronus charm. She could hardly contain her excitement but kept quiet as she didn't want to reveal her plans with those boys and Remus' ailment to Sarah and Alice. After waking up she bolted towards the bathroom and saw everyone already there.