Chapter 53: Going Back

Adelaide was shaken from the whole idea, and even though she wasn't admitting it outright, she was in deep turmoil. Now, her father rarely let any of them, especially Adelaide to go outside on their own. Dumbledore had also added to his paranoia, telling him to not let Adelaide out of his sight and to an extent, Adelaide was suffocating from her father's protectiveness and how he started to pamper as if she was a fragile and vulnerable child, not a fifteen-year old who fought to death(almost).

When William, asked her on a date, Adelaide, not being allowed to go out without supervision of an adult, refused him, apologising profusely. Of course, William had little to no sympathy and had grown cold when she did it, even though she told him her reason was due to a lack of safety and so Adelaide was forced to tell him the truth, since she didn't want anything to ruin their relationship, and after hearing her reason, he understood, but Adelaide felt uneasy how he was cold to her before telling him the truth, she thought that perhaps he needed to respect her wishes. Perhaps, he should have been more respectful, but it doesn't matter, Adelaide. He might have thought that I wasn't interested in him anymore or something like that. Anyone who was in his shoes, would have probably done the same thing.

Philip had came for dinner one night and when Elizabeth and him left to walk in the garden behind their house, he proposed to her with a lovely diamond ring, to everyone's excitement, and she accepted his proposal. Plans for a wedding was discussed, and Elizabeth laughed and said that even though they were now engaged, they were probably marrying in a low-key wedding, with only close friends and family members in attendance soon.

"When would that be?" Helena chirped happily.

"In October." Elizabeth said, looking at Philip lovingly who nodded in confirmation.

"But that's too soon? Don't you have big plans?" Victoria asked confused by the date.

"Oh, Toria. We had talked about marriage before and we always wanted something intimate and quiet. Especially in this time, it will be tone-deaf if we were to have a huge celebration. There will be minor plannings needed." Elizabeth replied.

"Well papa's going to love the peace and quiet in the house. Since i will be leaving and Elizabeth will be married and gone as well." Victoria observed, even though Robert laughed at her, he had some sadness in his eyes.

"Yes, soon you will leave here behind, and i will finally have my peace of mind." He replied.

So Elizabeth and Philip bought a big house in a town near Edinburgh a few days later, after looking for some place to live in after their marriage and the house had 10 rooms and a big kitchen, a small garden, two storage rooms, 3 bathrooms and two big halls and sitting rooms. Elizabeth was already starting to paint on the walls of the house and making it more beautiful and artistic than it was.

Adelaide definitely would miss Elizabeth, the sister who would scold them for tiring their father and mother, back when she was alive. Her oldest sister who always cared for her and nurtured her when their mother was too sick to care for them, those last few years and of course a confident and a person whom she could always ask for style tips and trust to make her beautiful clothes and knitted clothing, who painted and drew fantastic pieces of art. Then there was Victoria, her fiery sister who was considered the clown of the family, remarkable in every way and a genius (even though you would sometimes doubt it would be true), even though she could be too straight-forward, she usually didn't mean any harm and was very fierce and protective of those she loved. Yes, it was most definitely the end of an era and she knew that the moments with all of her siblings as young people, under one roof, with their parents (and later only with their father) would be something she would miss and crave for later.