Chapter 15: Some of the many summer adventures of Adelaide part 2

Summer 1972

When Adelaide woke up, she had a not so good filling in her. She wasn't really happy about going to the wedding. She had seen Bellatrix before, at a party two years ago, and she was a bit..., well, not someone you would not hang out with, if you were sane.

The rest of the day went by in a blur, and soon it was time to get ready for the wedding. "Heidi, i put your dress on your bed. With your accessories. Put them on and get ready now." Her mother said loudly from somewhere outside her room.

Adelaide put her books down and glanced to her bed. The dress on her bed was simple but pretty. It was a very light baby-blue coloured dress that almost appeared as white and reached her knees. It was made of delicate glittery lace that had very small snowflakes at the end of the dress and its straps were made of silk. She put the soft material on with colourless tights. Her mother had also given her very beautiful light blue flat shoes that had ribbons to tie around her ankles. She put a delicate headband that matched the colour of her shoes. She put two books in a small bag to read in the wedding, if possible.

She went outside and saw her sisters in the hall. Elizabeth wore a beautiful long strapless light-pink dress that was made from lace and reached down her ankles. It had beautiful roses embroidered on it with golden and pink threads. She looked stunning, with a pink ribbon around her neck and a delicate pearl chocker around her neck, matching her earrings. While Victoria wore a red dress that had long loose sleeves and off shoulder. The dress didn't fully reach her ankles and she put fake a red flower in her hair, which was put into a bun that was at the side of her head. She looked amazing as well.

"Don't you both look stunning?" Elizabeth said looking at them.

"I was going to say, don't i look too well done? Mama helped me, if it was me, i would have chosen my regular outfit. I am not so thrilled, and my appearance makes me seem happy to be there." Victoria said.

"Now, now girls. Stop talking. Let's leave. We have to go." Their father said, wearing one of his formal robes.

"But, before that, all of you, promise me you won't react if anyone shares one of their hateful opinions. Ok? I am also talking with you, Robert. Do you understand? I myself am not too happy to go, but sometimes you have to, for the sake of appearances." Their mother reminded them. She wore a violet long-sleeved dress that was long and flowy. She also carried an umbrella, to discreetly use as a cane. "Oh, also, we're apparating."

They said their goodbyes to Helena and Edmund and left the house, Adelaide closed her eyes, and after a nauseating feeling, when she opened her eyes, she was in front of the Lestrange manor, in a big garden. The manor was a huge house that was old and black in appearance and had an eerie feeling to it.
"The Lestranges welcome you, missus. This way." A homely house-elf told them guiding them to the wedding. Adelaide felt a bit sad when she saw the tiny house-elf, who was clearly being abused.

They followed the elf and found themselves in a very huge ballroom. No expenses were spared, as Adelaide noticed the lavish setting, there were lots of tables which had silk linings on them with expensive candlesticks on them with lots of food on them. All of the foods were very expensive looking and on crystal plates. The flowers in the ballroom were huge and extravagant.

"When i marry, i don't want it to be like this. An intimate and beautiful design would do." Elizabeth muttered as she was looking around. Victoria snorted: "Well, today might make me become a registered spinster. This is too much."

They were greeted by the father of the groom, who knew their mother well, since they were schoolmates when they were students. They were greeted by an emotional Druella and Cygnus, who was smiling and very proud. His pride was mostly because he was regaining the family honour by his eldest daughter's «proper» marriage.