Chapter 36: The winds of Spring

Adelaide remained in the infirmary for a week, trying to gain back some of her previous health. It was a bit weird eating food after forgoing it for so long and at first it felt foreign and weird to her, but slowly, with every bite, every meal, she felt less bad, even though sometimes it seemed as if she was returning back to square one, things were progressing, very slowly, but progressing. She was visited everyday by her sisters, and once, Elizabeth brought Narcissa with her and Helena visited her with Pandora and Maud.

"So, what will you do after this year, Cissy?" Adelaide asked her.

"Oh, um... nothing special. Well, Lucius proposed to me the last Hogsmeade trip." Narcissa blushed a bit and raised her hand, showing a big emerald gem, with some diamonds around it, on a delicate silver, on her finger. Adelaide gasped and Elizabeth laughed at her expression.

"So when's the wedding?"

"The wedding is set on October next year, on a weekend. I really wanted you to be one of my bridesmaids, you would really be a lovely one and of course, so if it's possible for you to attend I'd want you to have that honour, of course. Lizzie would be my maid of honour."

"The honour will be mine." Though she frowned a bit when she remembered her encounter with Lucius in the secret meeting, but seeing Narcissa's happy and relaxed expression, she knew that it was not the time to enquire about this and Narcissa was definitely not in that cult or whatever it was.

"So after that what you'll do?"

"Nothing special, i guess. Well, there will be a lot of society functions to attend and do party plannings and rule the society, you know, being the lady of the Malfoy Manor. I really wasn't into having career even without my father's discouragements, but now i am most certain i don't want to do anything. Later, when the time is right, i want to be a mother and raise a child."

Elizabeth wished to pursue something other than ministry work or a job that related to academic skills, despite her great talent and scores in them. She wished to become an artist, and seeing her works were testaments of her great talent.

When she was visited by Helena and her friends, they talked about everything and gossiped so much that her head was hurting by the time they left.

"I put chilli sauce in Wilkes' soup. He was dying and turned so red that people thought that he would, i don't know, fie from choking! It was fun watching him struggle. Serves him right for laughing at Joanna and reading her diary." Maud was recounting the story of their dinner last night.

"But, really... who gave you that idea? And where did find the sauce?"

"Oh, when we're nagging about Wilkes, Sirius heard us and stepped in, to help «A classmate of his' little sister and her friends» Helena died from blushing then. He stole it somehow from somewhere and told me when to put it in his soup." Pandora replied.

"Please. Sometimes their pranks can go south when they take them to the next level, please don't get involved with him or any of his friends." Adelaide advised them.

"We know but it was fun still. Like please, i don't think anyone would have thought Wilkes having zero tolerance for some spice!"

On her second day of retaining her consciousness, she was visited by Remus. She was a bit surprised but quite happy.

"Hi, Adelaide. I wanted to come here sooner but, i thought that perhaps you wanted some time too and um... if you don't want me here, it's fine. I'll go."

"Oh no, thanks for coming here Remus. I did wish for some company now." Adelaide smiled at him.

"Oh, here's some chocolate. I figured that we could make it a tradition, bringing chocolate to the one who was in the infirmary or sick. This one's gotten a white chocolate flavour with chocolate chips in."

Lost in spells and shadowsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें