Chapter 12: a project with Remus

April 1972

January, was a month full of less excitement as students had just came back from the holidays and so there was little to hold on to, as the final exams were drawing closer. Adelaide hardly saw Elizabeth as she was busy studying for her OWLs. Contrasting her was Victoria, who was enjoying her last few months at school claiming that since it was the last «easy» year she can have as much as fun as she wanted to.

February and March were not the best moths as winter in Hogwarts was cold and dark. And the last three moths were full of stress and excitement, as all the students were preparing for their exams or projects.

Adelaide was in potions class when professor Slughorn announced: "For your only project this year i have teamed you up with someone from another house, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor together and Hufflepuff and Slytherin together. I want you to work together and write an essay about all of the potions we learned so far, leaving nothing behind. The winners will have 10 percents added to their final exam. You have approximately 3 weeks for this project. Now please go to your partner when i read your names."

Adelaide prayed so hard that she would not be paired up with Somerset and her prayers were answered when Somerset teamed up with a boy from her house and she was paired up with Remus. She walked up to him: "Hi." "Hello."

After some awkward silence she said: "Even though i was not paired with one of my friends, i am glad that it is you."

"Yeah, i am glad too."

"So let's divide our work, shall we?"
They divided the potions equally. Adelaide saw that Alice was teamed up with Frank and Sarah was teamed up with Lily.

"Can you prepare your part on antidote for common poisons in 3 days?" Adelaide asked Remus, he fidgeted and glance around nervously.

"M-my mother is sick, i need to go vi-visit her. I am sorry, but i can bring it next week?"

Adelaide saw how Remus missed his classes one or two days per month, though she wasn't curious and really didn't care, she never thought what was the reasons of those absences. But hearing Remus made her sad, as she herself had an ill mother and knew the pains of it.

"It's alright. Bring me that next week. No pressure."

"Thank you. Don't worry I'll bring you two potions of my part." He said earnestly. "Bye, Adelaide." He said hurriedly.

"Bye."

........................

Remus was absent from all the classes on 2 days, which was expected, though when he came back his face had some gashes. Perhaps it's because he fell or something.

Adelaide was in the library at night, studying and finishing her homework, when Remus appeared, sitting beside her.

"Hi Adelaide, i brought you those two parts I promised." "Excellent. Let me look at them."

Adelaide looked at his papers, the handwriting was neat and thankfully there were no crosses on the papers.

"Potions is not my best subject, so please have a look and see if there are any mistakes."

Adelaide read all of his writings. "I read all of it, it has no mistakes. You wrote a very well-written piece. I write mine too, we need to write the conclusion together. If you have nothing to do, we can do it now."

"Yeah. Sure."

Working with Remus, was quite ideal. He was a calm and peaceful person, not upholding to his friends' reputation. He made a few jokes and witty comments here and there, but he was serious and helpful too.