Chapter 47: A Dare

Christmas had arrived and went with such great speed that made Adelaide still dazed at how quick it passed. She went and joined her family members at Christmas, in the White Villa, but this year, Victoria didn't join them, since this was her last year at Hogwarts and she wanted to spend as much as possible in the castle with her friends and perhaps even party there. Though this year, also her aunt Sophie arrived with her husband and children and her oldest would go to Hogwarts next year. She had a lot of fun and was as cozy as ever in Christmas.

Adelaide only passively told her father about her dating William, when Helena mentioned him at dinner, giving Adelaide the cue to tell him about this and not hide it from him. Her previous plan was her not mentioning it to him, since she had already seen her friends' reactions and it wasn't... good, so her father probably would have some kind of a similar reaction to the news. So she told him the news after breakfast, alone, when he was reading The Daily Prophet in the sitting room.

"Papa, i am going out with William. I mean, um, we're dating." Adelaide announced awkwardly as she stared at the back of his newspaper. She noticed him getting stiff and when she could see his face, he had a grave expression on it. He put his newspaper down, pulled away his reading glasses on the table beside him, and massaged his forehead.

"Well, you are sure about him, aren't you? And there is now way for me to stop you. It's your choice and i rather not butt in your own personal life, especially this. I am warning you-" Robert started as he looked at her with a worried expression.

"I know. He is a good person father, i believe so." Adelaide defended him.

"I hope," her father paused as he took her hands in his own. "For your own sake, that you're right."

They never talked about him anymore, but when Adelaide received her Christmas gift from him, a perfume, or letters, he always gave her a knowing worried look. Elizabeth was cautious and Edmund was rather his petulant and childish self, making kissy faces  whenever he could, just to annoy Adelaide and was rather hurt that Adelaide was dating someone, since he thought, Adelaide wouldn't have have any time for him, something that she denied and promised that she would always be there for him. Victoria was livid that she was dating a Slytherin and worried that it was William Avery, but after one angry and hurtful letter, she never mentioned him in her letters and was civil enough afterwards, but Adelaide couldn't ever forget her vicious words. Helena was the only who didn't judge her and understood her somehow, in her own way, perhaps it could mirror her childish crush for Sirius, someone that could hurt her feelings and there was no chance of them ever getting together.

Adelaide returned to school after the holidays and everything was like usual, except her spending a lot more time with William.

She was laying on the grass and relaxing outside looking at the sky and looking for different shaped clouds, since the weather was really good and sunny, as Alice and Sarah were playing chess. Dorcas was knitting and Lily was reading a muggle novel called «Jane Eyre», Mary was writing something in her diary and Marlene was napping, her head on the tree trunk that was behind her.

"Oh, i have an idea, let's play truth or dare." Mary stated suddenly, looking at them expectantly, for them to agree.

"No, only truth, i am too lazy to actually do dare right now, and i am sure no one wants to do it, either." Marlene replied.

"Very well then, truth it is. Who's first?" Mary nodded.

"I can go first." Lily volunteered as they sat in a circle.

"Ok, Lily, do you like anyone?" Sarah asked quietly as they all stared back at Lily.

"No, not really. I hope one day, but not now." Lily responded as everyone groaned. So she doesn't have feelings for Severus, i can see she's not lying or something. Severus should look for someone else, Lily will most likely see him as a friend even in the future.