Chapter 24:

"Oh that's nice you're tying my hands behind my back, I feel so trusted" I roll my eyes at the recruit. I think his name was Mark? We step into headquarters with Harry gagged and blindfolded. I hope he's okay and he still trusts me.

I hear Eric sigh in front of me before he makes a hand motion to get rid of my ties. The rope is roughly tugged out of my skin and I glare at the recruit. I'm killing you first. I start formulating a plan as we're brought to the Interrogation proper. Every place has to have one, especially in this line of work. Mark still holds me by my forehand but I shake off his grasp. This prick better lay off or I'm snapping his neck. 

"I can walk, thanks" I give him a tight smile as I walk faster towards the chair where I know I'm going to sit. Interrogating someone else was one of my guilty pleasures because there is manipulation of bringing out the truth. I'm more advanced in those areas than Eric since I'm on the field. All my practice with Ambassadors and politicians were easy enough. But being interrogated is something else. I know how people manipulate and it's merely sticking to a poker face. Your voice monotone and no physical pain should break it. But there's a risk this time. Harry doesn't know any of these, they could use physical pain on him to derive from me an answer. 

"Bring Mr. Styles here" Eric motions to the interrogator chair, opposite of me. All eyes were on Harry as his blindfold was removed and his eyes searched for me. He slowly walked towards the chair with his eyes trained on me; whatever he was visually saying, I couldn't read but I just nod as a symbol to play along.

Harry tried to say something but it came out muffled as he acts clueless and I cheer for showbiz teaching singers how to act, even just a bit. I keep a straight face as I lean on the chair carelessly. Carelessness is a body language of no secrets and I don't really care. 

"Why don't we make a deal Eric? After this confrontation, I go talk to the client along with Styles over here. You could kill Styles for me if I don't make our client happy and wanting to pay more" I bargain. Eric raises a brow at how bold my proposition is. Why did I say that? How am I possibly going to make our client happy when Harry is still alive and well right in front of him. Harry's eyes widen and he looks genuinely scared. I hope telepathy works at the moment as I shout in my head for him to trust me. But honestly, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I'm only improvising. Eric keeps a straight face, I know he doesn't trust me anymore. I've lost his trust when I didn't pull the trigger. "You even swore to me you would let me meet him" I added. Eric is a man of his word. It's one of his principles to always stick by your word.

He nods stiffly before Damon steps up with a smirk. Why do I only realize how much I hate this guy? He's a prick who can't do anything right! "Angel. Would you like to explain to Mr. Styles over here what he's doing here? Unless of course you care too much and you don't want him to hate you" he pouts  tauntingly. I yawn purposely before bringing up my legs on the table and leaning back. The guards automatically bring up their guns toward me due to the sudden movement and only point their guns down after protocol 25 seconds. 

"Just ask me the questions and get it over with" I snort. Harry looks at me worriedly but I could only give him a blank stare before I couldn't take the guilt and I shift my gaze on Damon. I smirk at him and wait.

"Why didn't you pull the trigger, Angel?" My name is Savannah.

"Paul was already suspicious as it was. I had told Harry that I was going to visit a distant relative, correct? The same day I would leave would be the same day that the Harry Styles got killed by an anonymous shooter at the top of a building. Everyone would be on his case the way it was for other celebrity deaths except this time, teenage girls would do everything to get to the bottom of who killed their idol" I explain with no hesitation. I shift my gaze unto Harry and smirk coldly. "Those girls are savage. We could recruit some... I took Harry from Paul and convinced him that I would take him to the English Embassy. It worked" I shrugged and Harry seemed to be having an internal conflict. He's doubting my trust, I can see it.