Chapter 25:

Harry and I jogged towards where they parked the car. I walked towards the window hastily, seeing as I don't have my tools, I carelessly broke the window and focused on the getting the wires to start the car. The alarm of the car echoed around the cemented basement even as I pulled on the wires harshly. Sirens could be heard in the distance as I quickly attached the wires and twirled them around each other while Harry hops in the passenger seat. He looks around him and shook his head with a groan before he got off. The engine started and I looked at him confused as he came to my side of the car. 

"I'm driving" he stated.

"I know the streets of LA better and I know how-"

"We don't have time for this Savannah, you have to trust me on this" he insists and I groan before I climb over to the passengers seat and he climbs on the drivers seat. At first he looks confused but he soon started pulling out the parking lot. The sirens have become louder as we crach through the gates that lead into the parking lot and the sight of SWAT vans and police cars surrounding the building comes into view and my eyes widen. No escaping this time. I'll be caught and cuffed and thrown to jail even before I get a trial. Either way, I'm getting jail time that could be life time imprisonment for all the murder I've done. I cuss under my breathe but Harry seems to not see the government cars. He floors the pedal and we're practically flying at the speed he's driving with. 

The police saw us and are now opening fire but when I look back there's a man who's shouting at the shooters and the bullets stop. The man who's ordering must've seen Harry. This is a rescue mission, the syndicate is just a bonus.  I glance at Harry with a worried look. What is he doing? He could potentially go to jail for helping a criminal escape. Sirens blare behind us and I look at the rear view mirror to see a few police cars following us. Harry's eyes widen when he sees the traffic overhead so I make a split decision for both of us to take the right turn by crossing over and pulling the wheel sharply. We pretty much swerved but it we got back on track safely. 

There are a few cars in front of us and I know this is the route going to the area of Florida. How did the police know that Harry was in that building? I only called for emergency medical help but it's possible that Harry called them himself. Why is he running away then? It better not be because of me, his life is now at risk. More so that we're in a police car chase for God's sake.

He swerved around the cars but the police were still on our trail and there was no were else to turn. To the left was just another road to traffic. Straight ahead is to the park and the mall's parking lot. To the right was a dead end that leads to an alley. But Harry didn't know that as he turned right. I screamed for him to stop but everything was a blur. Everything happened at once.

First. There was a large dumpster which Harry swerved to the left to avoid. My shouting became clear to him and he floored on the break pedal as the police followed behind us. Second. The brick wall that leads to a suburban garden appeared in front of us and Harry floors on the breaks but the breaks stopped working. The police cars slowed down and the panic in my chest rose. I glanced at Harry and heard my own voice promising that I would protect him. The brick wall was only 5 meters away as Harry continued trying to make the break work. He pulled the Emergency break as I climbed on top of him and pulled the lever at the side of his chair to recline it. A loud bang was heard behind me. The glass shattered and I kissed Harry one last time before I felt the force of being thrown back. Instead of Harry, my head hit the already shattered glass and my head hit the hood of the car. There was pain all over my body. More than just the burning pain of getting shot but a fractured bone or two. A deep wound here and there. Then all the pain stopped at once and all my senses were blinded. At first I saw an abrupt flash of light then everything went black.

**

Author's Note: Kill me. I hate this chapter. I hate books that end like this hahaha which is why their will be an epilogue uploaded on the same day. But I'll still hate the ending to this. I really hope  this was as tense as I hoped it would be :)

If you liked this story please vote, comment and fan :) This story is just ughhh

Peace out guys xx