Prologue

POSTED: JUNE 20 '2013- 8:43 PM

PROLUGE:

"Please, please! I-I'll pay you twice as much as they pay you! please !just don't kill me!" he pleaded. "You see it's not about the money, I enjoy my job" I said tilting my head to the side. He merely whimpered, "On your knees" I demanded.

He did as I say but begs Even more. This is pathetic really, begging for your life? I mean seriously! That is my number one pet peeve.Begging irritates me...badly. "Any last words?" I smirked. But before he could even respond, I shot him straight in the head.

He fell upon my feet as I smiled at his dead and lifeless body. Blood was literally splattered everywhere, It felt like it was a big room of red paint splattered everywhere to make it look like some sort of art.

My phone started ringing so I immediately picked it up walking away from my work. "Hel-lo?" I sing sang in the phone.

"Angel! My sweet sweet angel, how's work?" Eric, my boss, asked.

Yeah, they call me angel as in angel of death kind of angel. "Oh y'know, the usual, begging pleading then boom" I said casually.

I climbed up the vent to avoid being seen by the CCTV camera's and started crawling to the exit of the mansion.

"Ah, I see-Well, I have good news" he chirped. I hummed in response since it was incredibly hard to talk while crawling through a narrow vent. 

I squeezed myself out as he said "You have 2 days off Angel! We're waiting for you at the HQ so you could get your stuff and your reward" he sing sang at the end.

"Really? Are you sure you want your best agent to take a break?" I coo'd getting inside my car. "Of course I'll miss you but you earned it! You killed 22 people this week straight" he exclaimed.

I chuckled driving to the city. The guy's mansion is at the outskirts of town so I have to drive at least half an hour to get back to the city.

"Oh, you know it's natural Eric! Thanks!" I chirped. "Anything for you my sweet angel" he coo'd making me laugh again. "Do I have to go to HQ now?" I whined. 

"Yes so you could get your reward so get your sexy ass in here" he joked. I laughed, I know he didn't mean that in a malicious way. We have a father-daughter relationship since my parents died when I was little and he's gay soo...

If it wasn't for him, I might be in the orphanage right now or on the streets begging for money or probably even dead here in LA. "Yes sir" I smiled even if he can't see me and with that, we hung up.

Now that I think of it, I practically owe him my life!

~~FLASHBACK~~

I was probably only 6 years old. My babysitter is downstairs in the kitchen, mom and dad are in the movies while I'm here watching Spongebob in my room when I heard something really  loud and ear piercing.

BOOM!

There it is again! I quickly shut the TV off, got my pink fuzzy lamp and stood before the door preparing to attack. Despite my age, I'm pretty smart.

There were loud and heavy footsteps coming nearer and louder each step. Then it stopped. I was trembling and my heart was pounding

The door slowly creaked open so I squeezed my eyes shut and started hitting whoever- or whatever was in front of me. 

"Woah woah woah, slow down there kid. Slow down" a man's voice said.

I opened my eyes and sighed in relief seeing a familiar man with his hands up in mock surrender. "Uncle Eric!" I dropped the lamp and ran into his arm crying.

"Shh- it's okay" he hushed stroking my hair. He was 24. My mom and dad are very close friends with him. So close that he would hang out with mom at weekends.

He broke the news to me saying my parents died and the babysitter went home. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you" he carried me and slowly put me down on the back seat together with the shot gun of the Black car where I silently sobbed.

~~FLASHBACK ENDS~~

He trained me and helped me go to school. In my work, he pays me for my allowance as well. I like to think of myself of as the American version of Cateleya of Columbiana only Eric is not my real Uncle.

I know I don't work for the good guys but neither do I work for the bad guys- I think. We are a syndicate. In school, I am completely normal except I don't have good enough friends in there.

It's not lonely at all because at the syndicate, there are people like me. My close friends. We are not allowed to have any feelings for each other because if we did, we would hold a grudge to the killer and do something stupid when one of our friends died in a mission.

I broke that rule a long time ago. I like this guy named Damon, he's 20 and I'm 19. He came in the syndicate 5 years ago. He's the 2nd second best while Lilia is the 3rd best.

Lilia is my bestfriend despite our age gap. Lil is 21 and the most awesome blonde I'll ever meet. Despite our age, we are still considered teenagers until we are 24.

We're all normal teenagers- Er, people. We too go to college at the day and agent/syndicate/spy? Yeah at night. It's tiring but totally worth it.

We get paid $1200 for each person we kill. People come to us and give us people to kill. Being the best in the syndicate also means being the richest which is good in my position. I finally arrived at the alley beside HQ and honked twice.

A guard came out and went by my side. "Angel" I said professionally. He nodded and opened the gate noisily.

i drived in and parked my car in my usual spot and got out the car. "ANGEL!" I heard Eric exclaim. "Eric!" I mimicked him making him laugh. 

He signaled me to follow him and so I did. We went inside the building even more coming across the 'Office'.

The office is were the newbies work. They are the ones who research and hack on the person we are going to kill's profile. 

We then walked through the locker room where the Field agents rest and put their stuff in. "Hey Lil! Hey Damon" I waved at them as we passed them. "Angel" Lil remarked causing me to smile. Eric and I continued walking until we reached his office.

"Alright" he huffed walking over to the vault. "22 people" he muttered and I nodded. He got a big wad of money and counted it, after he gathered it all and wrapped it around with a rubber band before handing it to me.

"Thanks" I smiled, he smiled and nodded before dismissing me. "You going out tomorrow?" Lil asked. "nope! I'm staying in tomorrow" I huffed plopping on the sofa of the lounge that is just right beside the lockers. "I'm bringing you home" Damon pointed at me.

"I wiped 22 people out this week Dam, I think I can handle myself" I boasted. The rest of the agents in the locker room laughed including Lil.

Damon smiled and shook his head. "Who wants pizza?" One of the agents- named Ken- hollered. No one responded.

"Burgers?" He asked. "Yeah!" we cheered. "On me!" Damon winked at me. I rolled my eyes even though inside-  I just wanted to kiss him. After eating burgers, we all headed our separate ways.

I sighed locking the door to my huge-ish?- 1 bedroom apartment. I headed for the bathroom and took a quick shower before diving into my sheets. 

My life isn't that bad once you get it. It's fun yet tiring. My life is practically perfect.. Oh yeah.. Welcome to my life- the life of the Angel of Death ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notice that I didn't give her real name yet?? xDD I love this one, it's short but I love the plot line!

check out the trailer made by moi!