1. OLD FRIENDS

WARNING.

Presence of scenes of self-harm and hints of sexual violence. If you are a sensitive person, do not continue reading.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Why don't we go out tonight?- Charlie proposes.
-Yes, that's right. Babe has just recovered and Jeff is back. It's a good opportunity to go out and celebrate!- North adds.
-It's always the right occasion for you to go out drinking, isn't it North?-
-You say that like it's bad. Anyway I know a good place, it's called the Red Rose. You can have dinner and late at night it turns into a disco-

Red Rose- -I can't go- Jeff interrupts them.
-What? Why not?- Alan replies, more sorry than he wanted to make it sound-.
-Well here it is...I have an exam tomorrow. Besides, parties are not my thing-
-Come on, we'll have fun, I promise. When you want to leave, you'll be free to do so, but at least come to dinner with us- Alan tries to convince him by pulling him to himself and resting an arm on his shoulder.
-Just for dinner- he says shrugging him off annoyed.

THAT NIGHT AT THE PUB...

-We finally get to eat, the meat they make here is so good; I love this place.-
-Hey Jeff, anything wrong?- Alan whispers to him worriedly.

Since they had arrived at the pub, Jeff seemed absent, occasionally looking around worriedly and looking very uncomfortable. Yet there weren't that many people there yet.
-Nothing, I'm just a little tired- he replies, taking a bottle of beer and drinking almost a third of it in one gulp. No need to worry, it's been a year now.
-Take it easy buddy, are you old enough?
-I'm 20 years old, in case you didn't know and it's not my first time drinking.-

Dinner is now over and the disco has begun with myriads of people jumping into the center to dance.
-Excuse me, sir- a waiter approaches- this is for you- he says handing a red drink to Jeff.
-I didn't order it-
-Another guy did and he also asked me to give you this card-.
-Uuuuuh. Jeff has an admirer. Who is it?-North starts shouting trying to identify the sender.
Alan elbows him in the stomach.
-Jealous?-
-Shut up- he snorts nervously.
-So what does the note say?

Jeff opens it and says nothing more for a while: "IT STARTED RIGHT HERE. REMEMBER?"

-So what?
-Nothing...I have to go to the bathroom for a moment, sorry-
-Jeff...what's wrong with him?

Fortunately, the bathroom is almost empty and the last people come out just then. Jeff runs to the sink and rinses his face. It's not possible...It can't really be him...But if it was....

At that moment the door opens.
-How long has it been. Where have you been hiding, Jeff?-
Jeff turns sharply, startled; he knew that voice well. Facing him was Jesse, the person he wanted to forget the most ever. He was always the same: black hair, leather jacket, earrings, the usual tattoo on his left arm, the usual snooty air.

-What do you want?
-What's wrong with you Jeff, won't you say hello to me?-he looks angry and the whole air becomes heavy with his pheromones. He is an alpha.
Jeff backs away, he has to leave immediately. He doesn't know if the suppressants from that morning will last much longer. Should they wear off, all his friends will learn that he is an omega.

-Excuse me, but I'm with some people, I have to go- he tries to approach the door.
Jesse, however, grabs him by the wrist and knocks him back against the bathroom wall.
-Remember the old days, Jeff? Who gave you permission to hang out with those people? Who's the one you were in the bar with yesterday?-
-I don't need your permission!-he tries to free himself but the alpha is too strong. It's starting to get hot and the fear is starting to build.
-Tell me, do your friends out there know what you are? I can't seem to smell you, are you hiding it?-
-Let go of me, you're hurting me!-
-But you liked it when I hurt you, didn't you?

The first tears begin to stream down Jeff's face as Jesse runs his hand down his neck and continues to go lower. Jeff knows what is going to happen; it has happened several times before that night.
-I don't want to...let me go-
-But I do want to-

Jesse grabs Jeff's face, turns him hard and presses his lips to Jeff's, working his way into an unrequited kiss. Jeff closes his eyes, that's enough!
-You used to smell better, you know?-Jesse sneers-do you want to reminisce about the old days?-

At that moment the door opens.
-Hey Jeff, are you okay?-it's Alan who stops to observe the two. Jesse meanwhile had already let Jeff go and was washing his hands. Moments later he comes out winking at Alan and -See you soon, Jeff...-.

Alan's questioning look makes Jeff shudder. What if he could smell him?
-Who was that?
-Nobody, someone I knew from college- he flushes his face, not to be seen upset.
-Are you feeling all right? You look pale-
-Yes, I...it's just a headache, I'm going home-.

His eyelids were heavy and he felt very hot, maybe his fever was rising he thought. But most of all, his omega smell was starting to show. He had to leave.
-Wait, I'll give you a ride- Alan tried to grab him by the arm to support him all the way outside but Jeff instinctively pushed him away.
-Sorry- he immediately regrets it- I have to go, see you tomorrow-

He returns to the table, grabs his jacket and leaves. Luckily Babe is dancing with Charlie in the middle of the dance floor, otherwise he would have surely noticed something different about his smell.

He takes the car and drives home. He closes the door behind him and slips against it to squat on the floor. Tears begin to line his face, and first sobs begin to set in.
Why? Why did he have to come back? Why couldn't he fight back? Why didn't he do something to leave earlier? Why did he have to be born omega? Why!!!

He gets up and grabs a glass of water, but in tears, it falls from his hand and breaks on the floor. He picks up all the pieces and throws them in the garbage, all but one. He walks over to the sink and stares into the void for a few moments. Every memory goes back to the mind, every word, every pain.

Why did he have to go on living like this? Why couldn't he simply have a quiet life? Unconsciously he brings the glass to his wrist and the first drops of blood begin to fall into the sink.

Nothing, he feels nothing. It had been a long time since he had done this, and it was the only way to clear his mind. As if the pain could come out along with the blood. Finally he felt nothing. After a while he covered his wrists with gauze, turned off the lights, and went to sleep, hoping for a dreamless sleep and ignoring the dozens of messages from Alan that were coming to his cell phone, asking him if he had arrived home and was feeling better.
After a short while he heard nothing more. A short rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been quite a long chapter, I hope you are finding it interesting :)

Please leave any comments or suggestions if you think it can be improved in any way.