35. VISION

Thank you all for your suggestions, they were very helpful :)
If you have any other suggestions or requests please write to me, I will be happy to read them.

I hope you will like the rest of the story, enjoy your reading ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a fairly warm day. The sun was high in the sky, and Jeff was lying on a deck chair watching the water in the pool next to him. He liked to stay and watch the water ripple over the surface; it gave him a strong sense of calmness. He had spent so much of his life running away from his secrets and problems that he had forgotten how pleasant it was to sit and do nothing and finally not feel that agitation inside anymore.

-I brought you some juice- Alan approached.

As soon as he heard his voice, Jeff raised his head slightly and smiled at him, taking the glass he was handing him. Then, Jeff made room for him on the lawn chair by crossing his legs and letting Alan sit with him as well.

-I've noticed that you like being in this place the last few days- Alan made this observation.

-Yeah, I like it...I finally feel at peace, I guess. Before, I could never be at peace, I couldn't sit still and do nothing. I had to study or work, or even watch TV or sleep. But I couldn't sit still and do nothing without all those things coming back to me-.

Jeff said those things very quietly, and Alan was really happy about it. In recent times Jeff had finally been able to open up more to him and was able to say whatever was on his mind without worry. Alan saw this as a big step forward.

-Well, then from now on I'll know where to find you- Alan joked and leaned in to kiss him on the lips gently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Let me...- a sigh, almost inaudible.

Jeff opened his eyes to look around. One moment he was kissing Alan and now...it was cold and dark all around him.

-Ahahah...-a distant laugh.

Jeff took a few steps forward. The darkness began to thin but it was still impossible to make out where he was. He took another step but stopped immediately as soon as he felt something under his shoes. He knelt down but at that sight he fell backward...his shoes were stained with blood...there were bloodstains everywhere. He could not look away. A sudden scream, however, brought him back to his senses; people he could not see began to scream...Jeff took his head in his hands...enough...enough...stp it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff pushed Alan in front of him pulling away from the kiss and starting to breathe heavily and with his eyes open wide.

-Jeff...- Alan was totally shocked. What had he done wrong?

The omega still did not look him in the eye, but stared at a spot in front of him.

-Jeff, are you all right?- the alpha asked him worriedly.

Alan shook him slightly.

-I...I...- Jeff stared at him unable to put into words what he had seen.

-Did I do anything...- Alan began to ask.

-No!- Jeff snapped to his feet -you didn't do anything...it's just that...it's just that...-

-It's just that...- Alan repeated.

-Alan...I can't...I have to...- Jeff began to look around worriedly as if searching for something.