19. A GOOD DAY

-Are you sure you can do it?- Jeff asked, arching an eyebrow. He knew it would not go well.

-Sure- Alan replied.

Alan detached himself from the handrail and tried to take a couple of steps forward...as Jeff predicted not even ten seconds passed that he was already on the ground.

-Aaaah...-

-Ahahah. You can do it, huh? I don't think so-

-Kid, you don't want to mess with me- he said trying to get up.

-It's not that easy if you keep giving me one reason after another to do it, hahahahah-

-Aaaah- he was down again.

-Ok...sure you don't want a hand?

-Well...maybe...I would need it...-

-What? I didn't hear it?-Jeff teased him.

-Okay..... I have no idea how to do it...will you help me?-

Jeff rolled his eyes and took Alan by the hands, helping him up.

-Now follow me, look-

He stepped to Alan's side, still holding Alan's hand.

-Now take a step with your right and slide forward, then do the same thing with your left. Most importantly, don't....-

-Aaaaah....- Alan began to lose his balance and do everything to keep from falling.

-....you don't have to lean back otherwise you'll lose your balance!-.

Somehow Alan managed to hold on to Jeff and not fall.

-Come on, follow me, I'll hold you tight...right....left....right....left....exactly like this!-

Finally Alan was able to move forward without stumbling too much.

-Doing this, you curve to the right....and this to the left- Jeff showed him.

-Well, it's not that hard-

-Weren't you the one who until ten minutes ago couldn't even stand upright?-Jeff teased him-.

-Stop reminding me...-

-Okay, okay. Do you think you can do it on your own now?-

-I can try-

Jeff gave him a couple of laps around the track, always holding his hand. Several times, Alan had turned to observe him. He looked happy. He was finally happy.

Then Jeff left him in the middle of the track and walked a few feet away.

-Come on, now try to come to me-

-I'm not a baby learning to walk, you know that, right?

-You're not, but you look like one, haha. Come on let's see if you understood-

Alan tried a few steps, bent his knees as he had been taught and remembered not to throw himself backwards.

-I got it!- he shouted.

He walked a few meters, he was almost there, then remembered....how did one stop? Just the thought made him panic, he stretched his knees and ended up throwing himself totally forward and stumbling....

-Watch out!-

-Are you...okay?- Jeff asked.

Alan had practically fallen on top of him. The omega had tried to get him to regain his balance but it was too late. Jeff was with his back to the ground, Alan kneeling over him.