38. TO THE RESCUE

Hello everyone!!!

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated this story. I've had some personal problems these weeks and haven't had much time to write or think about a continuation.

However, I am happy to be back with a new chapter and have clearer ideas for the rest of the story.

Thank you all for your advice, I hope you enjoy today's chapter!!!

Enjoy your reading!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie began speeding through traffic following the directions of the navigator, while Jeff continued to drum his fingers on the armrest of the car.

-Jeff, will you stop that? You're making me nervous like this-

-Oh, sorry, I just don't know...I mean...when we get there...-

-When we get there we'll see, now don't worry-

-Turn right...past the intersection left and then straight on...- Jeff pointed to him.

The two brothers drove out of the city center and arrived in an industrial area right next to the airport. It was late at night, nothing could be seen, even the moon was covered by clouds. They parked far enough away from the construction site indicated by message from Babe so that they would not be heard as they parked. As soon as they got out of the car a large plane passed right over their heads, and the two covered their ears so as not to hear that deafening sound.

-I think this is the place...- said Jeff.

-Okay, then let's go. Don't be too bright with the phone flashlight and let's try not to be heard, I don't want anything to happen to you-

-How long until the others arrive, Charlie?-

-Babe said they're about 20 minutes away, but we'd better go in, at least to make sure this is really the place-

Charlie and Jeff ran toward what looked like the entrance trying not to be heard and being alert to any possible noise. The area was surrounded by huge containers behind which they could hide before making a final run toward the main building. It was at least two stories high and appeared to have been abandoned long before. The chain and padlock that held the door shut were now on the ground, and so Charlie slowly pushed the door open, which opened with a slight creak. The interior was dark and dusty, looking as if no one had been in it for years. The ceiling was crusted and moldy, the plaster seemed to be falling apart, and the air was heavy to breathe.

-I don't like this place...- Charlie whispered.

-Let's move...- Jeff pushed him forward, trying to hide his anxiety. It was completely dark and everything reminded him of the sensations he had experienced in his visions.

-Did you hear it?-

-What are you talking about?-

-Shut up! Did you hear?-Jesse struck him as he looked into the air and tried to figure out where that noise had come from.

-I didn't hear anything- replied one of the men who was with him.

-I think we have company...-

-Police?-

-No, they wouldn't go near this place...maybe one of your little friends, don't you think?- he turned smilingly to an almost unconscious Alan tied to a chair.