28. FOUND IT!

It had been four days since Jeff and Alan had asked for help in their plan. It was a Saturday night, and the whole group stood in front of the gate of the apartment building where Jesse lived.

-Are you sure he's going to get out of the house? It's starting to get cold here and it's already dark- North began to lament shivering.

-Yes, I'm sure. It's the weekend, he has to go out with his friends- said Jeff.

-If he doesn't move to slink out of here, I'm going straight to knock on his door....-.

-Shut up North! I heard someone....- Sonic intervened.

Everyone froze. Footsteps in the distance approaching....

-God, it's his friends....- said Jeff leaning out into the street and seeing a group of four approaching -Hide!"- he began to push them.

-Where should we go?!!-

-What do we do?!-

Jeff, Alan and Way hid behind some trash cans not too far away; Babe and Charlie behind a car parked on the side of the road.

-Where the heck do we do?! Hey, Charlie is there some space back here?!-North tried to push the other two.

-North, you're going to give us away, what are you doing?!-

-Come here North!- Sonic grabbed him by the arm and pulled him behind a tree.

-Will you shut up?-

-We will be seen....I doubt this tree can cover us-.

In fact, all the places they chose to hide did not give them absolute shelter; they had to be careful to move around as Jesse's friends passed by lest they become aware of their presence. The darkness helped them, however, and they all passed unnoticed. About ten minutes later the group exited from the structure, and this time Jesse was with them.

-Here we go! Finally. This should be easy now, right?-

-North, we haven't done anything yet- the others said in exasperation.

They headed for the main entrance, greeted the security guy as if they lived there, and took the elevator.

-It's on the first floor- Jeff guided them.

-Now how do we get in? We don't have a key...-Charlie pointed out once they arrived in front of the apartment door.

-Set up like this and don't move- Jeff positioned them all around him and pulled picks out of his pockets.

-Where did you get those? -Charlie asked.

-Don't move, there are cameras out front, I'd like not to be seen by the security guy downstairs- Jeff pointed to the cameras filming the hallway. He then began to jimmy the door and within seconds a click marked its opening.

-Later, you'll explain to me where you learned how to do it....you and I are going to have a long conversation- his brother looked at him crookedly.

-Amazing! You are full of surprises, eh Jeff? Are you going to teach me afterwards?- North asked excitedly before being punched in the stomach by Charlie.

-Wow! This place is huge- they said as they entered. Jeff led the way for them to the bedroom where he found on the usual desk the computer.

-What do we do? Do we take it away? I don't know if we have enough time to find out its password- Jeff pointed out.

-Maybe he's really stupid and hasn't changed it, try using the old one- suggested North.