18. SMILE AGAIN

Jeff opened his eyes, still half asleep. It was dark, only a glimmer of light coming in through the window. He had not yet awakened fully. It had been a while since he had felt so rested. He would have liked to sleep some more, but he was starving.

-Already awake?-

He realized at that moment that he was not alone. How had he not seen that he was literally sleeping on Alan's shoulder!?

-Sorry!- he got up immediately, realizing that he had been clutching Alan's arm the whole time.

-Don't worry...- the alpha pulled him by the arm and rested him back on his shoulder.

He smelled good as usual. Jeff quickly realized this.

-How are you feeling?-

-Tired. Still a little dizzy...-

-Do you want to sleep some more?

Jeff felt uncomfortable in that position. He didn't want Alan to be his pillow, although he had to admit it felt good, almost protected.

-No....would like to take a shower. Can I?

-Of course. In the meantime, I can make you something to eat. Are you hungry?-

Before Jeff could answer, a gurgle rumbled from his stomach. He hadn't really eaten anything since the day before, and it wasn't like the hospital stuff was particularly good.

-I'll take that as a yes-

-What time is it?

-Three o'clock in the afternoon. You've been asleep for a couple of hours-.

Jeff got up and headed for the bathroom, while Alan remained watching him from the bed.

He too had to admit that he had felt good in those hours. He liked being close to Jeff and wanted to make things easier for him at that time.

He was so sweet while he was sleeping. He looked peaceful. Just feeling Jeff's warm breath on his neck made him happy.

"Wake up, Alan. You can't think about things like that. You're just friends!"-he scolded himself.

He forced himself to get out of bed and go to the kitchen.

-I left you some towels in the bathroom!- Alan shouted toward the bathroom door.

Lunch was ready, or maybe it was a snack, or dinner? He did not know; they had not followed the proper meal times today. It didn't matter.

It had been thirty minutes since Jeff had entered the bathroom, could it be that he had not come out yet? Alan began to worry, he stopped outside the bathroom door.

-Jeff, are you all right?-he knocked gently.

No answer. He could hear the shower water running on the other side.

-Jeff? Are you okay?-he tried again.

Still nothing.

-Jeff, I'm worried, can I come in?

What if he fell and that's why he couldn't hear him? What if he felt sick?

Alan was worried, he decided to go inside to take a look and make sure he was really okay.

He didn't understand. He had woken up feeling fine. He was rested, almost happy. Feeling someone next to him that he could trust had made him feel safe. He was almost back to being the person he used to be, the person from when the video was not yet....why did he feel that way now instead?