21. NEVER RUN AWAY AGAIN

Well, you said you don't mind long chapters, so here it is :)

Hope you like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Don't worry, I'm here- Alan rested his hand on Jeff's hand, which was still holding tightly on the edge of the pool.

Jeff turned toward him, looked at him in the eye.

-Try to pull yourself away. The important thing is to learn to stay afloat. Don't fret and you'll see that everything will be fine- Alan encouraged him.

-I don't think it's a good idea-

-You can do it, don't worry-

Jeff removed his other hand as well, but feeling that he was no longer supported he began to flail and kick the water to get closer to the edge again.

-Hey, Hey, Hey....I said you mustn't fidget or you'll sink- Alan immediately helped him. He pulled Jeff toward him, putting an arm under his shoulder. Jeff held on to Alan's shoulder and hugged him worriedly.

-Nonono! I want to get out- he was continuing to fidget and kick.

-Take it easy, Jeff. That's hurting me, you're kicking me. I can hold you up, don't worry-

Eventually Jeff began to calm down in earnest and let Alan hold him up.

-Don't leave me!-

-I won't-

-Okay....-

-Let's see....why don't you learn to float on your own first? Let's try. Lie on your back, try to stay on the surface of the water without sinking-

-No, I'm scared!- he shouted when he felt Alan's grip getting weaker.

-I will stay here on your side and support you. That's the first thing children learn, they call it making the star-

-Hey, I'm not a child!-

-Am I wrong, or when we were skating was you treating me like a child? Ahahah-

-There is nothing to laugh about, here I risk drowning- he sulked.

-And I almost hit my head on the ground. I've got you Jeff, don't worry. And I don't think you're a child- Alan finally smiled. He didn't want to upset Jeff; however, it was fun to tease him.

-Okay....keep me-

After several attempts, at the end, Jeff succeeded by having Alan's hand to hold him under his back.

Alan carried him to the middle of the pool without Jeff noticing.

-Why are we moving?!- Jeff shouted.

-I'm taking you for a ride, don't worry-.

-I want to go back toward the edge- Jeff flailed, losing the balance he had achieved and starting to sink.

-That was why I didn't tell you. Take it easy, don't fret- Alan hugged him again and supported him so they could both get their faces out of the water.

Having water up to his chin did not appeal to Jeff. If he pulled away from Alan he probably would not have been able to stay afloat. He snuggled closer to him, hugging him around the neck.

-I'm not leaving you, don't worry. You don't need to stick to me like a mussel, haha- laughed Alan.

Only at that moment did Jeff realize that all that time he had actually been hugging Alan. He hadn't really been paying attention because of his fear. "Maybe they were a little too close"-he was beginning to think-"And they were both shirtless.....!"