14. FAILURE

The meeting place was an hour's drive away. They didn't share a word. The restaurant was very elegant.

-How nice! How long have you been together?-a woman in a long black dress had just asked Jeff and Jesse, seated across from her and her husband.

-Two years ago. When I met Jeff, I knew right away that he was the one, didn't I?-it was Jesse who took the floor smiling, put a hand on Jeff's knee and turned to him as if to ask for confirmation.

-Yes, you are quite right. We were at a club in the evening, I think. A casual meeting that turned into this. Really lucky-Jeff replied smiling and nodding. He had to play his part.

-How nice...I don't believe in case, however. It must have been fate that brought you two together, I'm sure-.

The two nodded smilingly.

The first plate of food arrived. They continued chatting, occasionally moving on to talk about their business.

-So, Jeff, we have set up an organization to help omegas get into the workforce. As I think you know, because of the heats and some cultural prejudices, omegas tend to be paid less and have a harder time finding work, what do you think about that? -

-I think it's really a great thing. I have also had several difficulties over the years because of my being omega. However, I have been fortunate to be supported by great people....- he turned toward Jesse, winking in defiance -....but there are people who are on their own and need a helping hand. Your organization, I think, could help them so much-

-I'm really glad to hear that-

Dinner continued like this for another two hours.

-It was a pleasure to meet you. We did well to propose this meeting. Jesse, we will come to your offices in person tomorrow, so we can finish with the paperwork and sign the last documents, is that okay?-

-Yes, that's fine. Thank you very much, it was a huge pleasure for us as well- they said their goodbyes and accompanied them to the exit, where the two clients took the car and drove away.

-You did well today, Jeff. Did you enjoy being my "partner"?-

-It was just an act. I want to go home- he said losing the friendliness of that evening.

He had deleted the videos Jesse kept in his room, hoping he didn't have any more. Now all he needed was the video he had in his phone. How was he going to get it from Jesse?

The two got into the car.

-You're good, Jeff. Help me a few more times and maybe I can delete that video- he smiled.

He was never going to do that. Jeff knew that. He turned to Jesse who was about to start the car. He didn't have much time left to act. It was now or never.

Jeff forcefully grabbed Jesse's shirt, turned him toward him, and kissed him on the lips. The alpha was confused for a first moment, he pushed away the omega, and looked him in the eyes:

-You just can't stay away from me, can you?"- Jesse whispered to him and then pushed him back against the seat to continue that kiss. It was an aggressive kiss, Jesse held him by the neck and pushed him hard against the seat. Jeff knew what he was doing....he reached for Jesse's jacket pocket pretending he wanted to hold him by the hips. He managed to slip the phone out of the pocket and tuck it under the sleeve of his oversized jacket.
Jesse was becoming more insistent....

....knock, knock, knock.

They were interrupted by a man knocking on the window. The two parted breathlessly.