26. CLEAR THINGS UP

-It took you a while, everything okay Jeff?-

-Yeah, it took me a while to find the ID, sorry. Here- Jeff gave him the car keys without looking at his face and joined the others in the main hall.

-Hey, what's the matter? Is something wrong?-Alan found Jeff's behavior strange at that moment.

-Yeah sure. Shall we go? I don't want to keep the others waiting-

-Okay...-

-Then we're all here! Let's go!-shouted North.

-Okay, he's already started- sighed Sonic.

They went to a fairly busy club, especially on weekends.

-Who are all these people? How can it be so crowded at this time?-

-That's exactly why I chose it. We're going to celebrate tonight, and there's no party without confusion!- North shouted trying to be heard over the music.

The room was in semi-darkness with colored lights constantly turning on and off.

-There is a free table over there. You guys sit down I'll go order drinks-

-Well in the end it's not so bad-

-No, indeed-

-What did I tell you? If there's a need to organize an evening, count on me. I'm the best!

-It would be nice if you were also good at something else besides having fun- Sonic poked him.

-Stop it! You always have to ruin everything- he sulked.

-Don't be offended, I was only joking- Sonic tried to make it up to him and it didn't take long to cheer North up again.

-Here are the things you came to order earlier- a waiter arrived carrying two trays with beers and drinks and leaving them on the table.

-How much stuff did you order?!-

-Are we here to have fun, or not?-

They all took a drink to toast.

-Jeff, maybe it's better if you don't drink- Alan said pulling him aside.

-Why not?

-For the medicine you're taking...-

-I finished taking them yesterday, don't worry-

-I know but maybe you should wait a few more days and you heard the doctor, you should be careful for a few more weeks-

-Alan, just relax. I don't need you to remind me. I'm fine and it's just a drink-

-Yes but I don't think it's the right thing-

-I don't care. Do you think I can't make decisions on my own? I'm not a child, Alan? -he had said it in a harsh tone. It had been a bad day and because of Jesse he now had a big headache, what he wanted to do at that moment was to think about something else and drinking seemed the fastest way to do that.

-What are you talking about there? Something private? I want to hear- Sonic interjected.

-Nothing important, I like it here- Jeff smiled as he approached the table again.

-Here we go, we finally managed to find a way to entertain you and now you can have a drink right?-

-No- Alan interjected.

Jeff stared exasperatedly into his eyes.

-Yes, I can drink- he replied as if Alan had never spoken, grabbed a drink and finished it within a short time.