Marry Me?

Tom had asked me to go on a late night walk with him, which wasn't unusual. He liked to look at the stars, it cleared his mind.
I pulled on a scarf and my boots, as it was cold outside, and I waited for him in the kitchen. He took longer than usual, and I heard him opening draws in his office.Strange.

He walked into the room, and grabbed his jacket from the chair. He looked, nervous? I gave him a questioning look but he just smiled softly at me, taking my hand in his as we walked out of the front door.
He intertwined his fingers with mine, my shoulder brushing against his, as we walked in comfortable silence down past the fields and ponds, heading towards the little forest we often walked through.

I noticed that he kept glancing at me out of the corner of his eye, a small smile twitching at the corner of his lips.

"What is up with you tonight?" I ask, teasing him slightly and pulling us to a halt. He grinned wide and kissed my cheek.

"Nothing my love, come on."

The trees grew thicker around us as we approached the beginning of the forest, only this time, Tom pulled me in a different direction.

"Where are we going, Tommy?"

"Just come with me." I held his arm, following his lead as he took me onto a new path.

We suddenly entered a clearing in the trees. The ground was soft and had small wildflowers littered all over it.
The moon illuminated the trees, casting a shimmering glow on everything around us, the starts twinkling above is.

"Wow." I stare in awe at the sky, letting go of Tom to walk forwards.
I stand still, taking in the beautiful surroundings.

Tom comes up behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist, turning me to face him. He held my hands in his, his thumb comfortingly stroking over my fingers.

"Y/N. I have loved you since the very first day I saw you. I remember when they called out your name to be sorted at Hogwarts, and you somehow managed to stumble over your own feet, making your face go red. You saw me and smiled. I smiled back, and I knew that I loved you from that very moment. I love how you touch me gently, how you look at me, how you say my name, your gorgeous body and how you make me feel. I never thought I would feel this way about anyone." He got down onto one knee, and slipped his hand into his coat pocket to pull out a small black box.

"Y/N, my love. I promise to love you forever. Will you do me the extraordinary honour of marrying me?" His gaze was nervous, scanning my face for any sign of doubt as he opened the box.

Inside was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen in my life sparkling in the moonlight. It was perfect.

"Yes." I whisper, not being  able to say more. Tom pulls up from the floor and envelopes me in his warm embrace, kissing my lips softly.
He slips the beautiful ring onto my hand. He kissed me again, lifting me of the ground as I wrap my arms around his shoulders and rest my head on his neck.

"I love you so much, Y/N." He whispered into my ear, kissing my jawline, his voice filled with emotion.

I move my head, and he puts me back down on the floor. I place my hands on either side of his face, his hands coming to rest on my waist.

"I love you too, Tom Riddle." I smile, as I pull his face to mine to kiss him again, my hands running through his hair.

Word count- 636 words
If you enjoyed, please don't forget to vote! 🖤🖤