I Would Never Hurt You

TW: mentions of past physical abuse

"For fucks sake Tom, you're never here. It's like you don't even give a shit anymore." I yelled, feeling the anger raging away inside me.
Tom and I were arguing. He was late home again, for the fifth time this week, and I was sick to death of it.

"Oh, don't even start, Y/N. I do everything for you, so don't even make out like I don't care." He spat, running his hands through his hair.
I laugh, and walk away, throwing my hands against the sides of my body.

"Oh my god. You're such a self-entitled prick. You care do you? Then how about you actually come home before I'm in bed for once!" I shout, turning to face him.

He turns around and walks over to me, his face contorted with anger, and brings his hand up to rub the back of his neck.
Without thinking, I flinch away from him, the sudden movement instilling a sense of dread in me, hiding my face in my hands.

His face immediately dropped, the argument forgotten.
He walked right up to me, his face shocked.

"Y/N, I would never hurt you." He whispered, his voice cracked and hoarse as he moved my hands to my shoulders.
I could feel the tears start to fall as he pulled me into a tight hug.
I couldn't help but just sob into his chest as he stroked my hair, holding my body close to his, muttering comforting words into my ear.

He pulled away from me and tilted my chin up so I was looking at him, my body still in his firm hold.

"Who hurt you?" His voice was pained, and had menacing undertones as he reached to place his hand on the side of my face, kissing the top of my head.
I shake my head, and interlock one of my hands with his.
He brings our hands up to his face and kisses my knuckles gently.

"Sweetheart, tell me." He pleads, his gorgeous eyes emotional and caring.

"It was... ages ago, Tom. It was before I got with you. It doesn't even matter." I rest my head back on his chest, and he wraps his arms around my waist.

"It does honey. Cormac." He muttered into my hair, his beautiful voice laced with angry undertones.
I nod my head and he sighs.

He walks us over to our bed, and sits down, pulling me onto his lap.
He kisses me, his soft lips caring and loving as he rubbed my arm soothingly.

"I would never, ever lay a finger on you Y/N, you're my whole world. You mean so much to me, and you don't deserve how Cormac treated you. I love you so much, sweetheart."
I wrapped my arms around his neck, the tears slowly stopping.
He never moves, his arms still tight around my body  as he looks down into my eyes.

After a few moments, he gets up, and stands in front of me. He bends down and kisses the top of my head, and reaches for his cloak and his wand.

"Tom-" I begin, but his lips silence mine.

"Don't. I'll be back later. I love you." He kisses my cheek, and then he's gone.

I awake a few hours later to his arms wrapping around me, pulling me close to his chest.

"I didn't mean to wake you, love." He whispered into my ear as he takes one of my hands in his.

"It's ok, Tommy. What did you do?" Slightly afraid, I turn to face him. I assess his face, there seems to be no damage. He smiles at me, knowing what I was doing.

"Don't worry about it, my love. Cormac isn't a problem anymore." He mumbled into my neck, tightening his firm grip around me.
I don't press him any more, it would be useless.
Instead, I sigh, and wrap my arms around his torso.

I kiss him, his lips lingering on mine.
I smile at him, and it warms my heart to see my favourite crooked smile on his face.
He pulls my head back to his chest, stroking my shoulder.

"Sleep, my love. You're safe with me." He whispered into my hair, and I press my body as close to his as I possibly can.
I fall asleep to the rhythm of his heartbeat, safe and loved in his arms.

Word count- 740 words
If you enjoyed, please don't forget to vote! 🖤🖤