I've Got You

TW: mentions of death, torture (in a dream)

I awake to Tom moving frantically around in bed next to me.
I sat up with a start, as he rolls around in a crazied  frenzy. I gently place my hand on his shoulder and shake him awake.
He sits up with a start, his perfect face deathly pale and clearly frightened.
"Tom?" I move towards him as a single tear starts to fall down his beautiful face, but he pulls me into his chest, rocking me slowly whilst stroking my hair.

I feel his chest rising and lowering shakily, and I wrap my arms tightly around his torso.
We stay like that for a few moments until I pull away, moving my hands to rest on his chest.
His breathing has calmed slightly.

"Tom, what happened? You were moving around like crazy, are you ok baby?" I whisper gently, interlocking one of my hands with his, as I love my hand from his chest to stroke the side of his face.

He quickly wiped away his tears, not wanting to appear vulnerable in front of the woman he loved the most.

"Bad dream." He mumbled, attempting to avoid any kind of eye contact with me.
It broke my heart to see him like this, afraid and upset.

I pulled him close to me, resting his head on my chest, as I slowly stroked his hair, whispering words of comfort into his ear.
I feel him relax against me, finally comforted and no longer as worried.
I lift his chin slightly so I can see his face, though he still avoids my eyes.

"Tell me about it Tommy, it's ok. It's ok, I've got you, I love you." I kissed his forehead softly, and he finally looked into my eyes.
His chocolate brown eyes were distressed and worried.

"I- I had a nightmare. About you." He muttered into my chest, holding my body closer to his.
I run my hands lovingly up and down his bare back, attempting to reassure him.

"Aw, Tom, it's ok. Everyone has nightmares-" I attempt to soothe him but he cuts me off, pulling away from me and sitting up on his bed, taking my hands in his.

"No, Y/N. It was- It was about- It was about my father. He. He took you and he made me watch him... torture and kill you. It was awful. It was so real." Another tear escaped and ran down his face, and I felt my heart shatter.

He then did something that I never in my life expected of Tom Riddle. He began to cry.

His body started to shake, and tears started to stream down his face.
I didn't know what to do, but I tried my best.

I got out of bed and walked around to where he was sat.
I stood between his legs and pulled his head against my chest, letting him cry onto my shoulder.
I wrap my arms around his neck and rock gently, swaying from side to side, while planting gentle kisses on his shoulder.

"Tom Riddle, you listen to me. It's perfectly ok to have nightmares. They aren't real. Your father, he's gone. He's dead. He can't hurt you anymore. He can't hurt me. You're stronger than he ever was, you just remember that. There are so many people who love you, and would do anything for you. You're my world, and there's no way you can get rid of me, not even your father could have done that. I love you, so, so much." I lift his head from my shoulder so I could look him in the eyes, my hands on either side of his face.

He smiled at me, his tears stopping. I wiped away their remnants with my thumb, and plant a kiss on his nose.
He pulled me closer to him and kissed me, his lips soft and filled with emotion against mine.
I pull away, and cover his face in kisses, causing him to groan and try to pull away.
We laugh, and hug each other tightly again.

"God Y/N, you don't know how much I love you, you're everything to me." He whispered into my neck, looking up at me lovingly.
I smile down at him, my heart beating rapidly in my chest as I kiss him again.

I sat back down on the bed next to him, and turn to face him, our noses inches away from each other.
We stay like that for almost the whole night, our limbs entangled and our breathing ragged as we whispered and laughed about our favourite memories together.

We eventually fall asleep, safe and protected in the warmth and comfort of each other's arms, knowing that neither one of us could be harmed while the other was around.

He loved me and I loved him. And that was just perfect.

Word count- 813 words
If you enjoyed, please don't forget to vote! 🖤🖤