aspire; 41

XLII

XLII. leehaechan┊𝙽𝙲𝚃 .
────❝[ confrontation ]

Jia went to work alone that day. Donghyuck made the effort to come with her, but she told him she needed time alone, to think and to just.. be able to breathe for a bit.

Who was he to ignore her request and interrupt her alone time?

He stayed with the dreamies, she told him she'd be back and then they could go home together, which he was fine with. He was sat on the couch between Daeshim and Minjung watching a movie which he had honestly no interest in.

His mind could stop thinking about her. He was so worried, what happened today changed the mood of everyone. Donghyuck understood she was always quiet with the group, but with him she talked a lot. It was so unusual to see her like this, zoned out.

He wanted to talk about it but he didn't know if she was ready, the whole thing just ruined everyone's day.

He patiently waited for her text, watching his friends one after another leave due to it being late. This hangout was a mess, he wanted to go home, be alone with her, talk about it.

Her shift was done at 1, it was currently 1:30. He was anxious, what if something happened? Is she okay? It doesn't take 30 minutes to get here from the cafe?

All these thoughts were running through his head.

As much as he wanted to spend time with his members, catch up, talk, his girlfriend was more important, especially when she wasn't feeling the greatest.

He just hoped and waited that she'd come soon, missing her more than ever.

My queen 😍❤️❤️❤️

I'm outside
Do you want me to come up or will you
come down ?

You're here?
I'll be down in 2 minutes

Donghyuck was out of breath.

After running down the stairs due to the elevator taking long, he finally made it to the car, in.. 4 minutes.
"Hi." She said, as he opened the door. He looked to her face trying to read her expression.

She had a slightly upset expression. He couldn't miss the way her eyes didn't glisten, even with the street lights reflecting onto them. Her usual expression when her eyes land on him wasn't there, instead it was dull, insecure, vulnerable.

He didn't like this expression on her, she looked so sad. As much as she tried to sound fine, to mask her emotions he could see right through her. "Hi.." he said, getting into the passenger seat, immediately buckling his seatbelt.

"How was your day with everyone?" She asked, driving off almost immediately, "uhh.. it was okay? Pretty boring.. how was work?" He didn't know if he should bring it up now or if it would trigger a negative emotion.