Chapter 14: Depths of Arkham

"The most dangerous man in the world! Scientist, philosopher, and a criminal genius ... little is known of him, yet this man is undoubtedly the greatest organizer of crime in the world."
―Bruce Wayne about Dr. Hugo Strange
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Invisible Man, are you there?"
"Of course, I'm by your side."
"Well, to be honest, it's quite unpleasant to have someone who can't notice by your side all the time."

The Riddler pretended to be at ease and led the way; Jude dealt with all the security guards along the way; Arkham quickly became a big world of ice and snow. Finally, the two came to a wall.

"Mr. Invisible Man, as you can see, this is the entrance to the depths of Arkham."
"It seems that this wall is weird; show it to me."

The Riddler knocked on the wall three times, and the wall immediately separated like a wave, revealing a coded lock door.

"Sure enough, there is a hidden secret; do you know the password?"
The Riddler pointed to his brain and said, "Are you insulting my IQ, Mr. Invisible Man? As long as you touch any password once, no matter how you do it, you can't escape here."

As he said, pressing a series of numbers, the door opened immediately, revealing a complete room with a large area.

"Don't be surprised; this is an elevator that goes directly to the ground, and the so-called Arkham is hidden deep in the ground."

The two took the elevator down, and it took half a minute to reach the end, 30 meters underground; it is not an exaggeration to call it the depths.

Walking out of the elevator, the Riddler lowered his head slightly and said, "There is the laboratory in front, but I can't walk with you. I must hurry and leave here."

Jude ignored him and strode forward directly, walking through a long passage, and a fork in the road appeared in front of him.

Choosing a random path, Jude walked for a while to come to a laboratory and gently opened the door. The researchers were addicted to the experiment, and no one noticed it.

I saw all kinds of petri dishes arranged in nutrient troughs, most of which were immersed in various organisms, even people. Three researchers in protective clothing were fiddling with something on the experiment table.

Approaching them, Jude could see clearly that they were injecting red liquid into a cat's body.

As the liquid was injected into the cat's body, the cat, who had been calm, suddenly struggled violently, and his mouth screamed.

Suddenly, the kitten stopped struggling and stopped breathing after being quiet for a while, apparently dead.

"It seems that the formula is still wrong. Pierce, reconfigure it according to 6:7:9, and add another milligram of fusion agent to prepare for the next round of experiments."

The person named Pierce was about to move when a freezing ray hit him.

The three of them were frozen in an instant, and only the one who gave the order was left.

The guy turned around and was about to run, and Jude's cold voice sounded behind him: "I advise you to stand still unless your legs are faster than a gun."

The man immediately stopped and raised his hands to beg for mercy: "Don't kill me; I'm just an ordinary researcher, and everything I do is to follow the orders."

"Shut up! I will ask, you answer!"

The man nodded like a chicken pecking at rice.

"Who is responsible here?"
"Dr. Hugo Strange."