Chapter 39 : Rick Vs Ra's Al Ghul

"BATS FRIGHTEN ME, AND IT'S TIME MY ENEMIES SHARE MY DREAD."

– BATMAN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ra's Al Ghul walked alone, step by step, toward the room where the spray device was stored. Ra's Al Ghul was brimming with energy, feeling in complete control. To borrow a phrase from a famous line about letting bullets fly, he was walking with assurance, covering a thousand miles in a day. His long-cherished wish was on the verge of fulfillment. The destruction of Gotham City had become his obsession, and he wouldn't rest until he achieved his goal.

Jude quietly followed not far behind. The Ace Chemical Plant, with its numerous high-rise buildings and expansive basement, provided ample hiding places for the spray device. Searching for it manually, especially amidst external interference, was impractical. Jude's strategy was to let the enemy lead him to the device, a tactic he was implementing now.

The two proceeded unhurriedly, seemingly unaffected by the fiery chaos trailing behind them. After seven turns, Ra's Al Ghul finally led Jude to a room tucked away in a corner.

Squeak...

The door swung open, revealing a large spray device stolen from the Wayne Group. Dr. Fly Bagster was engrossed in repairing and studying it, while Pigman and Bullhead sat nearby, amusing themselves with funny videos on their phones.

Seeing the seemingly oblivious duo, Ra's Al Ghul was furious. Their lack of a sense of crisis and inappropriate behavior irked him. Ra's Al Ghul couldn't fathom why Schrader kept such subordinates around and why they hadn't been disciplined.

Swinging a dazzling Persian , Ra's Al Ghul touched the chests of the two merrymakers.

"Turn it off, right now!"

The wine bottle shattered as it hit the ground, and the two fools swallowed nervously. Even Schrader seemed awed by Ra's Al Ghul, let alone them.

Sidestepping the blade, the two flattered, "Honorable head of the devil, everything is normal here. With our guardianship, don't worry."

"Just because of you two fools, I feel even more worried. Bagst, how is the machine repaired?"

Dr. Fly trotted over to the ninja Ra's Al Ghul, saluting, "Honorable Ra's Al Ghul, the situation is better than I imagined. Maybe you don't have to wait for dawn; the plan will start in an hour."

Ra's Al Ghul's face showed a slight smile at this news. Slowly approaching the spray device, he examined it like a rare treasure.

Thud, thud!

Suddenly, he sensed a heartbeat.

The ninja Ra's Al Ghul turned around, hands behind his back, delivering a monologue like an artist brainwashing his audience, "You have to remember that delaying things will increase the risk. Though I'm confident, caution is still necessary. Like... this!"

Swiftly pulling his hands from behind his back, he stepped forward and leaped to the left, a flash of cold light accompanying the swing of his Persian scimitar, now aimed at Jude.

"Not good; I was found!"

At this moment Ra's Al Ghul struck, and Jude sensed a warning sign. He leaped to the roof, shooting continuously upside down. The plan was to detonate the spray device, rendering the enemy's plan futile. However, Ra's Al Ghul had a counterplan—an impenetrable protective cover rose, akin to a glass wall, safeguarding the spray device.

The substantial movement raised the heartbeat, and Ra's Al Ghul pinpointed Jude's location, hurling a Damascus short knife with precision. The blade embedded itself in the roof, showcasing Ra's Al Ghul's extraordinary skill.

In desperation, Jude had to hide again, but Ra's Al Ghul Ninja accurately tracked his position each time. The ninja's eyes were like radars, with the blades consistently coming within ten centimeters of his body.

"Do you think you can fool me by hiding your body? It's too naive; listening to the voice is a basic training course for the League of Assassins ."

Mocking him, Ra's Al Ghul moved with the grace of a cheetah, forcing Jude out into the open within half a minute. The feeling of being in a dark place, completely under control, was deeply uncomfortable.

"FUCK! I knew these fighters were good; I should have exercised my physical skills and taken the initiative."

Since entering the world of comics, Jude has relied on high-tech props and equipment. Though he couldn't go all out, self-preservation was more than achievable.

So, despite contemplating physical exercise, he never acted on the idea. At this moment, regret surged through him.

Swish!

A knife severed the thin steel pipe of his arm, and Ra's Al Ghul sneered, "Your breathing rhythm has quickened, and your heartbeat is accelerating. Feeling nervous?"

"Yes, you should be nervous because you've chosen the most formidable opponent!"

In Gotham City, a vast basement housed hundreds of coffins, each numbered from one to over a hundred. The modified basement featured sprinklers protruding from the walls, maintaining a temperature below minus ten degrees Celsius.

As the door creaked open, two individuals wearing white masks, a man and a woman, entered.

"These coffins are quite a sight!"

"Why is it the first time you're here?"

"Not the first time, but each time I see these coffins, it's still shocking."

The woman approached one coffin, gently stroking the cross symbol on its lid.

"I've always wanted to ask a question."

The man glanced at her, "What's the question? Go ahead."

"Who is stronger, the Talon or that bat?"

After a brief pause, the man replied, "To be honest, Batman is undoubtedly stronger. After all, the Talon is just a machine. But don't forget, we have an army, while the Bat-family is just a handful of individuals."

The woman chuckled, "True; I can't wait to see the Talons wreak havoc in Gotham."

"As you wish, my lady."

The man went to the controller, entering a password and pressing a button. The air conditioning ceased, replaced by jet heating. In moments, the basement warmed, and the coffins began to sway, each revealing a hand with sharp claws, reminiscent of an owl's talons.

================================================================
Uploaded 12+ chapters today on [[[[Patreon]]]]

please do check out

================================================================

You can now read one chapter in Advance on Patreon for Free
================================================================
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special thanks to all my Patreons
keep supporting me like this guys and I'll do more hardwork and upload more chapters and further improve the quality of chapters in future
Read upto 50 chapter in advance on patreon.com/harsh07
you can also support me by https://www.buymeacoffee.com/harsh07

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------