Chapter 19: The Transformed Penguin

"I don't care what you think you saw. If you're not back 'ere with my money in the next ten minutes, I'll cut your damn eyeballs out. And then you won't have to worry about seeing nothin' ever again. Is that clear!?"

—Oswald Cobblepot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you just talk to Oswald on the phone? This name seems familiar to me," Ivy said.

"There are few people who have roamed the streets of Gotham without knowing this name. But he also goes by a more well-known codename—Penguin," Ivy patted her head and added, "Yes, it's him; you know the Penguin."

"After dealing with him, I assisted him a little. He mentioned that you were sent to the depths of Arkham, but a mere message can't offset the favor he owes."

Ivy hesitated for a moment and said, "Jude, I don't seem to know you anymore. You weren't like this before."

"Then, what was I like?"

"You had no abilities and but a weak personality. Honestly, I didn't think you could save me, but there was no other way."

Jude thought to himself that the original host was like that.

"Then forget the me from the past and accept the new me. Just remember that we are good friends who grew up together, and we are a group."

Having just completed the experiment, Ivy was exhausted. She wondered whether others would accept him in this way. She smiled when she heard the words, "Yes, we are all in the same group."

The Firefly next to him made a retching look. "Enough, there are people around; wait until you are alone."

The two moved forward silently with a dry laugh and soon arrived at the Iceberg Restaurant. This time, the reception at the door was more eye-catching, and they quickly let them in without saying a word.

The secretary waiting at the entrance saw Jude and greeted him warmly.

"Hello, Mr. Herbert, I've been waiting for a long time."

Jude didn't know him, and he didn't need to know him. In the world of comics, such a small character was not even important.

"Let's go, take me to Mr. Oswald."

"Okay, sir, he's not in the office but in the gym."

They entered the Bingshan Restaurant, where a large gym echoed with the sound of whistles coming from inside through the door.

Pushing open the door and going in, they saw the Penguin training against five strong men. He usually did fighting training, but due to his body deformity, the actual combat effect was not good. However, after the genetic change, the original training effect improved. It seemed that a few people couldn't even get close at all.

"Hey, Mr. Oswald, here I am."

The Penguin took a look at him, violently knocking down five strong men to the ground, then took off his sweaty vest and walked over shirtless.

Jude teased, "It seems that you are in a good mood after returning to normal; how do you feel?"

"It has never been better than it is now."

"That's okay; it means that my potion is of good quality, and there is no mismatch."

Hearing this, the Penguin frowned. "What do you mean? Can your potion still go wrong?"