Chapter 17: Firefly

Lady Firefly is a pyromaniac mercenary and enemy of Batman. One of the holders of the Firefly identity, Bridgit Pike was mentored by Ted Carson and joined forces with him to kill Batman during Detective Comics's "Deface the Face" storyline. Pike was first created for the TV series Gotham, where she served as its incarnation of Firefly in place of Garfield Lynns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jude and the others returned to the ground, they never anticipated the chaotic scene that awaited them—Arkham Asylum was completely in disarray.

Many security guards, unfrozen by Jude, encountered the madness of Gotham's villains. The aftermath was evident, and the survival of those guards remained uncertain.

"Riddler, what did you do?"

"What?"

Jude shook his head and said, "It's nothing. Get out of here quickly; I'm afraid the Bat Family and Gotham Police Station will be here soon."

"By the way, do you have a home or other places to go?"

Wild Tiger said, "I have a shelter in the suburbs. I think it should still be there. You can also go there together."

Jude declined, stating, "No, I have my own home."

"Well, be careful with your friends; goodbye!"

The Wild Tiger departed, carrying the Bat on his back, while Jude addressed the Firefly, "What about you? Don't you go with him?"

"No, I choose to go to your place. Compared to that tiger, your head is a little bit brighter and safer."

"It's up to you, but my house is not that big; you might have to sleep on the floor."

"Hey! I'm a girl."

"Yes, a hot girl who can breathe fire."

More than ten minutes later, police sirens echoed outside Arkham Asylum. Twenty police cars surrounded the gate, and hundreds of policemen assembled. They were well aware of who resided within Arkham.

The police station's chief, James Gordon, ran out of his car, visibly distressed as he observed the collapsed gate. "Listen well, everyone; make a group of five people, and no one is allowed to act alone. If a prisoner is found, kill them on the spot and act immediately."

As Gordon drew his pistol and entered Arkham, a dark shadow descended from the sky in front of the police team.

Other officers raised their pistols, and Gordon urgently intervened, "Don't shoot; it's Batman."

Boom!

However, a young recruit fired, and the bullet struck Batman's chest. Though a spark ignited, it caused no substantial damage.

"Gordon, it seems that your recruits still need training. It's too early for them on the battlefield."

"I know, but the recruits, like you, have a passion for changing Gotham. Tell me what you have found."

Batman reported, "We are all late. I just went to the confinement area. Everyone ran away, including the Joker."

Gordon shook his head, acknowledging the worst-case scenario.

At that moment, Robin approached. "Come and see this, Batman."

They entered the command center, discovering a security guard frozen into an ice sculpture.

"In this scene, is it Victor?"

Director Gordon referred to Victor Fries, also known as the Frozen Man—a notorious Gotham villain. Freezing people into ice sculptures was his signature.

"Not necessarily, but look at this."

Batman led them to a blind spot in the command room, punched the wall, and revealed a small eye-like object.

Gordon questioned, "You installed surveillance here; don't you trust them?"

Batman glanced at him and replied, "No, I don't trust anyone."

Robin interjected, "This is good; Arkham's monitoring equipment has been destroyed; maybe we can learn something from it."

Batman activated a small projection device, projecting a holographic image in front of them.

...

Squeak!

Pushing open the door, Jude placed Ivy on the bed. Even after the fierce battle, she remained unconscious, likely due to the tranquilizers she had been given.

"Is this your home? It's shabby."

Suddenly, a red light emerged from the bed's base, and the Butler Robot creaked, rolling out, its barrels aimed at the Firefly.

Jude hastily said, "Don't get excited, buddy; she's one of us."

Upon hearing this, the red light in the Butler Robot's eyes shifted to blue, circling the Firefly.

"Hello, madam, what do you need me to do?"

The Firefly, surprised, commented, "This little thing is very smart; did you make it?"

"Yes, you can call it a Butler Robot."

"Butler Robot? What kind of old-fashioned name is this? Shouldn't it be called Missy or Kyle?"

"Thank you; I will be Kyle from now on. Beautiful lady, what is your name?"

The Firefly hesitated for a moment and then said, "My name is Bridgit Pike, but that was who I used to be; now you can call me Firefly."

Jude, playing with Ivy, was taken aback. Impressed by the name Firefly, he wasn't sure which generation of Firefly she represented.

"Huh? Wait, if this girl is a Firefly, then Ivy, in green, isn't she Poison Ivy?"

Jude observed Ivy, realizing the resemblance, and the more he thought about it, the more convinced he became. The Firefly, transformed within Arkham, suggested the same possibility for Poison Ivy.

"Bridgit, I think you all have code names or something; does she have one, Ivy?"

"She has been here for a short period. To be honest, I don't understand it, but she looks very green. Maybe it's better to call her Green Pigment or Cactus."

"Well, think I didn't ask."

After a while, Ivy woke up, kicking frantically as soon as she opened her eyes. Jude couldn't restrain her, and she kicked him to the ground.

"Hey, it's me! Look clearly; it's me, Ivy!"

As Ivy regained her senses, she threw herself into Jude's arms, sobbing loudly.

"I thought I would never escape there anymore, I thought I would die there. They experimented with my body."

Listening to her fears and sobs, Jude held her gently, patting her back to comfort her.

"Don't worry, you came out; no one can experiment with you again; you are free."

After a while, a Firefly whistle sounded nearby.

"Your performance is a bit like a third-rate drama, not the kind that I deliberately watch."

Jude glared at her, and Ivy, having calmed down, stood up and asked, "How did I get here?"

"Your little love man single-handedly killed Arkham and turned it upside down. We escaped in the chaos."

Ivy looked at Jude incredulously and said, "Herbert, how did you do it?"

Jude smiled and said, "You are no longer the you who you used to be, and I am no longer the me who I used to be. Now tell me, who are you?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

special thanks to all my patreons
keep supporting me like this guys and I'll do more hardwork and upload more chapters and further improve the quality of chapters in future
To Read upto 30 chapters in advance go to patreon.com/harsh07
you can also support me by https://www.buymeacoffee.com/harsh07