Chapter 33 : He's Batman

"As a man; I am flesh and blood; I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting."

- Bruce Wayne, Batman Begins

.........................................................................................

Gotham Circus, deep within the maze.

"We only have five minutes left; time is running out!" Bruce exclaimed with anxiety, a rare sight even for Batman, who stood facing his dying comrades.

"Don't worry, Gordon will be fine because we're here."

After navigating through a large corner, Bruce and Jude finally reached the center of the maze. On a stone platform, that was once a site for treasures, now served as a stage for Gordon, who was securely tied to it.

Beside Gordon, a towering robot held a massive knife, its blade menacingly aimed at Gordon's neck. It was evident that once the countdown reached zero, Gordon's fate would be sealed.

Spotting Bruce and Jude's arrival, Gordon's relief was palpable, and the tension that gripped him began to subside. As long as there was a man to intervene, he believed he would be saved.

A white light beamed, projecting the image of Nigma on the wall.

"Congratulations to you. You've successfully reached the focal point of the game. However, every game has a final boss. Now, continue to solve the puzzle."

As his voice trailed off, red lights glowed in the robot's eyes, and its mechanical voice posed a riddle.

"I have billions of eyes, yet live in darkness. I have millions of ears, yet only four lobes. I have no muscle, yet rule two hemispheres. What am I?"

"So, what am I?"

Without hesitation, Bruce exclaimed, "It's the brain, the very thing Edward Nigma admires the most."

"With billions of optic and auditory nerves but only four lobes, divided into two sides, the answer is the brain."

To the riddler's surprise, Bruce effortlessly solved the carefully prepared riddle. Despite his dissatisfaction, he retorted, "You may have guessed the puzzle correctly, but I have already changed the rules beforehand. If you guessed it right, Gordon died, and you killed him!"

A red light flashed in the robot's eyes, and the raised sword descended swiftly.

"Despicable!" Bruce shouted, launching a hook to rescue Gordon, narrowly pulling him from the stone platform just as the sharp knife was going to split him in two.

"Enjoy yourselves! I won't stick around. Maybe we'll meet again in Japan, hahaha."

With that, the riddler's image vanished, leaving behind a torn-down wall as the robot pursued Bruce and Gordon. One hand held the knife, while the other transformed into a Vulcan Gatling Gun.

"FUCK!" Jude cursed as he and Bruce sought cover in the maze's corner. The robot unleashed a barrage of bullets, leaving fiery streaks on the ground and walls, shell casings clattering.

"This guy has more firepower than a drone!"

"You don't need to say it; I can see it."

"Do you have a plan?"

Bruce asked, "Where's your freeze gun?"

"Out of energy. The laser gun too."

Frowning, Bruce suggested, "Go, use Nikoma's traps against it."

Boom! Before he could finish, the robot violently demolished the wall, opting for a direct route.

"No time; I'll go first, and you be ready."

"What's your plan?"

Jude grinned, "No machine can escape my eyes. This is the eye of a genius who perceives everything. I'll find this guy's control center, and then you destroy it."

Implementing the plan, Jude donned a portable microscope tester and, using gravity-suction shoes, maneuvered around the robot. His eyes scrutinized every detail, dissecting each part, from joints to armor.

In Jude's mind, the robot's structure rapidly deconstructed, revealing its head, neck, arms, torso, and the entire body. The robot, now using a Vulcan Gatling, pursued Jude, shooting incessantly.

"Humph!"

Bruce, with bulging arm muscles, strained to shoot a hook that entangled the Gatling barrel.

Boom!

Humans couldn't withstand machine power, even Batman. The Gatling arm swayed violently, propelling Bruce into the air, crashing through a wall.

Seizing the chance, Jude leaped onto the robot's back, one hand on its shoulder, the other fist hammering its vest.

Thunk!

The robot paused after the punch.

"This is it, Bruce!"

Bruce emerged from the debris, sidestepped a knife, and positioned himself behind the robot. Wrist blades protruded, Bruce jumped, punched and sparks flew.

Click, click, click...

The robot's movements slowed, its eyes flickering as Vulcan Gatling fired randomly. Suddenly, a small explosion on its back brought it to its knees, the light in its eyes dimming.

"Unfortunately, this robot's precision isn't high; otherwise, it wouldn't have been so easy."

"Come on, let's high-five, Bruce."

Bruce, without acknowledging Jude, said, "Get out; the king of spades is still waiting for me to solve it."

Retracting his raised hand, Jude commented, "Can't you trust those little guys? Living like this, you'll tire yourself out, Bruce."

Bruce solemnly responded, "This is my mission."

"Mission? You think too highly of yourself. You're not the only one wanting to make Gotham better. If you suddenly die, a new Batman will emerge. Do you believe that?"

Bruce paused briefly but continued walking. "If that happens, if I die, I hope everything goes as you say. More people standing up before Gotham gets better."

Approaching Jude, James Gordon sighed, "Many people have said similar things to him, but he's so stubborn; he's Batman, not someone else."

Jude shrugged, "True. If it could change, Bruce Wayne wouldn't be Bruce Wayne anymore."

Exiting the maze, sunlight pierced through, seemingly dispelling the haunting fog over Gotham. Alfred's voice interrupted Bruce's thoughts.

"It's not good, Master; there has been a robbery at Wayne Group!"

================================================================
Uploaded New chapters today on Patreon
please do check out

You can now read many chapter in Advance on Patreon for Free, Go Now
================================================================
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special thanks to all my Patreons
keep supporting me like this guys and I'll do more hardwork and upload more chapters and further improve the quality of chapters in future
Read upto 140 chapter in advance on patreon.com/harsh07
you can also support me by https://www.buymeacoffee.com/harsh07

not getting any support lately 🥲

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------