Chapter 40 : Court of Owl's Plan

"WHY DO WE FALL, BRUCE? SO WE CAN LEARN TO PICK OURSELVES UP."
– THOMAS WAYNE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roar!
Boom!!!!
"Be careful, Tommy!"
"This big guy is coming to me."
Chaos engulfed the Ace Chemical Plant, with various wild beasts and wolves running amok, overwhelming the police force. A Tyrannosaurus rex charged toward the police cars, impervious to bullets that left mere fly-sized holes in its thick skin. The massive creature leaped with both hind legs, crushing a police car beneath its weight, and swung its tail, sending another car flying.
Behind the Tyrannosaurus rex, a horde of large beasts like rhinos and brown bears followed closely. Within minutes, the police cars were reduced to scrap metal. Smaller mutant beasts, such as wolves, deer, dogs, and rats, swarmed the scene, using their agility to bite and incapacitate policemen.
In the sky, vultures, evil eagles, and night owls circled overhead, emitting ear-piercing calls. They swooped down, snatching people into the air, only to drop them to the ground. The police force was struggling to cope.
"No way, James! There's no heavy firepower; the casualties are too high; the others can't hold on." An old policeman shouted.
Witnessing the destruction, Sheriff Gordon, the chief of police, was distraught. The police officers, driven by a sense of justice, were being killed, and Gordon's heart bled for them.
"Where is the Army? Why haven't they shown up yet?"
A young policeman with blood on his face approached Gordon, explaining, "Sheriff, I've requested help three times, but the Army insists they can't deploy without orders from their superiors."
"Are all their satellites blind? Can't they see this dire situation? Give me that phone!"
Gordon snatched the phone and dialed a number in frustration. "Mars, what are you doing? Gotham is in chaos; a group of prehistoric monsters is wreaking havoc. Why haven't your people appeared yet?"
Mars, on the other end, responded calmly, "Sorry, Gordon, I haven't received the order."
"Damn orders! Can't your monitors see? My people are dying, and you're waiting for orders!"
"I've said it before, without a superior order, the Army can't be dispatched. Sorry."
"Mars! Mars! Wait, Mars!"
A dial tone echoed as Mars ended the call.
"FUCK... Raised by bitches!"
Gordon, furious, smashed the phone.
At the top of the Boris Building, second only to the Wayne Building, members of the Owl Court gathered, encircling an old man in a wheelchair. Despite the strong wind, the Court of Owl members were heated and excited. After tonight, the Court of Owl would seize complete control of Gotham.
Coughing hoarsely, the old man asked, "Has the list been sent down?"
A man behind him nodded, "Sent. After tonight, Gotham will be purged."
"Very good. What about the obstacles?"
"Taken care of. Batman and the Gotham Police Department are at the Ace Chemical Plant, dealing with the League of Assassins and Bigfoot. The National Guard has been preemptively cleared, and the military won't interfere."
The old man nodded, feeling that everything was under control. He uttered three words, "Go!"
Suddenly, he heard a whizzing sound behind him. Hundreds of Court of Owl members, clad in owl suits, dispersed, darting around tall buildings to eliminate those opposing the Court of Owl.
These individuals, on the list are Gotham's influential figures opposing the Owls, including Bruce Wayne, Justice Ihamason, Sidney Elliott of the Elliott family, and even Penguin.
Ace Chemical Plant, where the Gotham Police Department suffered severe casualties, had reached a breaking point. James Gordon couldn't bear the losses, and behind each fallen officer were hundreds of families. These officers were crucial to reshaping the Gotham Police force; their deaths couldn't be in vain.
Surveying the chemical plant, Gordon apologized silently and shouted, "Retreat, everyone! Retreat immediately!"
The fear had spread, rendering the continued fight futile. The police force, comprised of humans, quickly evacuated.
As the police retreated, mutant beasts began advancing toward the city, causing further destruction.
The Two-face taunted, rushing towards Nightwing. His mutated knee slammed into Nightwing's abdomen, causing him to cough up blood and retreat. Bigfoot gang ninjas closed in, wielding steel knives against Nightwing.
Suddenly, intense gunfire rang out, dozens of bullets in a fan shape, eliminating the ninjas surrounding Nightwing. A man in a red mask, armed with Uzi submachine guns, entered the scene.
"You're in a sorry state, Nightwing!"
Nightwing wiped blood from his mouth, saying, "It's about time, Red Hood. Things are not looking good."
"Neither the beginning nor the end looks good; it's very bad. The Gotham Police Station fell, and a group of monsters is heading toward the city."
Bruce, engaged in combat with Schrader, managed to force him back. "Block him; I must catch Ra's Al Ghul. Only then can we save everything."
Though Red Hood often clashed with Bruce, he still respected and loved his father. Though expressing disdain, he dutifully engaged Schrader.
"Little guy, can you stop me? you are Daydreaming!"
Schrader, upset by Batman's abandonment, turned to chase him but was interrupted by sudden gunfire from behind. The Red Hood grimly stated, "I'm not like them. For me, killing people is the best way to solve the problem."
"I can see that; then I can deal with you first!"
================================================================
Uploaded 12+ chapters today on [[[[Patreon]]]]
please do check out
================================================================
You can now read one chapter in Advance on Patreon for Free
================================================================
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special thanks to all my Patreons
keep supporting me like this guys and I'll do more hardwork and upload more chapters and further improve the quality of chapters in future
Read upto 50 chapter in advance on patreon.com/harsh07
you can also support me by https://www.buymeacoffee.com/harsh07
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------