Chapter 48 : Have you tested your IQ?

"Every now and then I have the feeling I've totally lost my mind. It's a great feeling."

-----Nightwing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wayne Building, Gotham City.

A Porsche Cayenne came to a gradual stop in front of the Wayne Building, and Jude, accompanied by Batgirl Stephanie Brown, emerged from the vehicle. Stephanie, a familiar face at the building, was greeted with a smile by Ginny at the front desk.

"Miss Brown, I haven't seen you for a while; are you free today?" Ginny inquired with a warm smile.

Stephanie reciprocated with kindness. "I need to find Lucius for some things; is he in the company?"

"Director Lucius just went up; I think he should be on the 17th floor now; you can go directly to him."

"Thank you, Ginny; go and do your business."

Stephanie referred to Lucius Fox, the technical director and executive president of Wayne Group. Lucius was Bruce Wayne's most trusted confidant, silently supporting him and providing high-tech equipment. The elevator swiftly ascended to the 17th floor, and after traversing a lengthy corridor, they arrived at Lucius's office.

Knocking sounds echoed through the door.

"It's me, Lucius."

The electronic door creaked open, revealing Lucius Fox, a middle-aged black man with glasses and gray hair. He greeted Stephanie, "Nice to meet you, Stephanie; how are you these few days?"

Stephanie reassured him, "Don't be nervous, Lucius; this gentleman behind me is with me."

Jude stepped forward and extended his hand. "Hello, Jude Herbert; nice to meet you."

Lucius realized, "Hello, sir, Bruce talked about you. You were a tremendous help in the recent incident."

Jude waved off the compliment. "It's a trivial matter. Besides, we are mutually beneficial. I'm here today to collect on that favor. Bruce should have informed you."

Lucius felt a bit awkward. "Of course, you can go to the warehouse with me shortly and take what you need."

"The warehouse? Don't try to pass off defective products. My eyes are the keenest and most intelligent in the world; they can see through everything."

"Well, you might want to visit my storage room."

"That's better; you must know how to share the good stuff."

Stephanie snapped a picture of Jude. "Okay, Mr. Lucius is an honest person. You're not allowed to take advantage of him. There's also a competition. If you lose because you're researching other things, you have to admit it."

"I will lose? Oh, Stephanie, it seems you don't understand what a real genius is. With your humble IQ, it's indeed difficult to comprehend."

"Let's see. Lucius, summon all the personnel from the biological research department. I want to study the mutant potion. No one is allowed to go home for the next three days. Of course, you will be subsidized."

Lucius watched Jude and Stephanie banter with each other, a perplexed expression on his face. Although he didn't understand the reason, supporting Stephanie seemed like the right thing to do. After giving the order, Stephanie swiftly left, leaving Jude and Lucius exchanging bewildered glances.

"Mr. Herbert, please come with me. The items are stored underground. Many of them are radioactive."

"Radioactive? That's great; I like dangerous things."

Rick in Marvel and DC: Fusionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें