Chapter 16: The Joker

"A lion doesn't pass judgement on a gazelle. Cancer doesn't pass judgement on a brain. I've been saying this all along. Evil doesn't exist. There are only actions. We got to the same place--the top of the food chain--just on different paths. Mine was more fun."

— The Joker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wild tiger, boasting the strongest physique, was sent flying with a punch, a testament to the formidable power of the claws combined with incredible speed. This opponent proved to be a formidable challenge.

After launching the wild tiger, the claws elbowed the bat with a muffled bang, dealing a heavy blow to its head, causing it to fall to the ground.

Then, the sharp claws rotated, twisted his hips, took off, and threw his legs out in one swift motion. The whirlwind leg swept across the neck of the firefly, a blow heavier and fiercer than the previous one.

Considering the relatively small size of the firefly, a direct hit would instantly break the cervical spine. However, the claws were lightning-fast, and the firefly hadn't reacted yet.

In the midst of the battle, Grandpa Rick's battle memory manipulated Jude to speed up and crash into Claw's side ribs.

The sharp claws seemed to hit an invisible barrier and fell to the ground with a plop, while Jude was thrown three meters away by the impact.

But Sharp Claw reacted quickly, rolling on the spot and pulling away. Looking around with some doubt, it was obvious that there were other people hidden there. As a seasoned fighter, he could distinguish between hitting a person and hitting a wall.

Jude rubbed his arms and got up. He first checked Ivy, who had been thrown, and found that she was breathing smoothly and unharmed.

Firefly quickly inquired about the well-being of her companions. The wild tiger, with a robust physique, stood up while rubbing his chest, while the bat had lost consciousness.

Throughout the process, Jude and Firefly maintained silence, understanding that secrecy was crucial to maintaining an edge over their opponent.

Sharp Claw looked left and right for a moment but found no abnormalities, so he could only improve his concentration and rush towards the enemy again.

"You shouldn't mess with me; I will turn you into a piece of coke!"

The firefly yelled, took off her gloves, and waved her hands forward. Fire spewed out from her palms like a flamethrower, forming a fire dragon five or six meters long.

Sharp Claws were shocked, burned upright by the flames; his black clothes instantly turned into fly ash; his bare skin cracked, and the burnt skin broke into flesh in a few seconds.

Firefly laughed upon seeing this: "Look at my festering hands; now we are all the same, burned, hahaha."

But then, the skin of Sharp Claws slowly healed under the astonished gazes of a few people. The burned flesh began to fall off, and new granulation shoots continued to grow out, making the scalp numb.

Firefly shouted, "He has a strong self-healing ability, and he is offensive; don't let up!"

The wild tiger stamped heavily on the ground, his hands transforming into tiger claws, creating a powerful wind.

Before Sharp Claws could recover, he dared not engage in hand-to-hand combat, moving back. However, he immediately felt a strong wind as the tiger's tail slammed into his leg.