⊂ᴡʜʏ ᴅɪᴅɪɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴜs?⊃

So-jung was sitting onto her couch, she was happy that Na-luna had become healthy and was perfect but still she was in the bedroom sleeping, just than she heard a clicking of her door.

Hyun-Ok entered the apartment, still seething with anger and looking for a way to punish her daughter for her disobedience. She spotted So-Jung sitting on the couch, trying her best to blend into her surroundings and avoid her mother's wrath.

Hyun-Ok approached her daughter and slapped her hard across the face, leaving a red mark on her cheek. "How dare you disobey me!" she shouted, her words bouncing off the walls and filling the apartment with tension.

So-Jung winced from the pain, but she didn't react otherwise. She just sat there, staring at the floor, trying to control her breathing.

Hyun-Ok continued to shout, "didn't I told you to come and have dinner with me?!"

her words becoming more and more vicious as she went on, "and what's the point if She accused So-Jung of betraying her, of being a bad daughter, and of causing all of their family's problems.

Even though So-Jung knew her mother was wrong, she refused to argue back. She had long ago learned that fighting back only led to more punishment, so she stayed silent, her body tense as she waited for her mother to finish her rant.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Hyun-Ok ran out of insults and storms out of the apartment, slamming the door behind her. So-Jung didn't move until her mother's footsteps faded away, leaving her alone in the quiet apartment.

She took a deep breath and slowly began to relax, her muscles unwinding and her heart slowing down. She knew the next time her mother was angry, she would have to be even more careful, but for now, she had a brief moment of peace.

She sighs as she picks up the book again and starts reading for her test, it was now only 3 days apart and she really needs to study hard to take at least 2nd position in it.

Although she believes that she will get 2nd position but because of her mother she had to take 1st otherwise she would be beneath the floor.

She gets up to check up on Na-luna as she sighs and her palm slipped to the door's knob and twisted it until it make clicked noise, she enters as she saw Na-luna sleeping.

She smiles lightly but as she turns around she heard her saying, "why didn't you told us?" So-jung looked back as she saw Na-luna looking at her, "why didn't you tell us from what are you going through?" .

"What do you mean?" So-jung asked as Na-luna scoffed getting up, "what happened to me?".

"omg so-jung! Your own mother abuses you! And you're saying what happened?!" She asked getting g emotional now.

"Hey...... " so-jung went to her and sit on her bed, "she don't abuse me it's just-"

"It's just what?" Na-luna asked tearing up, "it's just what, so-jung?" .

So-jung closed her eyes as she sighs and grabbed her hands and said, "hey, don't tell anyone" she said softly not in her deep or you can say serious voice but through her vision she was serious.

"What do you mean-" So-jung gets up as she straighten herself as she gaze at Now crying Na-luna.

"I told you Na-luna, don't dare tell anyone" she now faces the door, "I trust you".

"Oh god, but I already had told the others".

"what?!" So-jung asked, "you told them?!". Na-luna nodded her head innocently wiping her tears as so-jung frustratedly brushed her hair back , one hand on her hip and one resting on the table after brushing her hair.

"And they are coming" she looked at the frustrated girl, "Eun-sim and So-ae are coming, we were in video call when your devil mom comes up".

"oh gosh"

Just than the bell rang as both if them looked at the door, "take rest" so-jung demand as she sighs and took steps towards the main door.

As she opens the door, the two girls jump on her, crying, "shit! It hurts!" So-ae pleaded.

So-jung hissed as she felt like her back twisted, "oh, hey-" , Eun-sim gets up and help her up too who was glaring at the two.

"Don't look at us with those eyes" Eun-sim pouted and so-ae nodded, "that ditch had hurt my cold hearted ocean blue eyes enough".

So-jung welcomed them inside and offered them drinks and food and snack as well, as she enter the room to look at Na-luna but she was sleeping, snoring.

However, she asked the others to do whatever they want because she is trying to study and do not disturb her.

They didn't mind what she said and took her words serious, they logged in to Netflix and put on movie, enjoying the food.

She studies in her room, and memories the test until it completely settled in her brain, she drift to sleep there, in her desk.

The other two were also sleeping, snoring in the couch.

In the morning, So-jung wake everyone up before leaving the apartment, she prays to herself before entering the hall.

Everyone cheers for her a d the test starts, once again, the whole class was getting on her and now the amount was dubble amount of the previous one.

The trio was there too but today they don't take participate in the bet as per so-jung request, she told them she don't like them betting on her.

And here so-jung completed her paper and no longer the next final participant competed.

But the results surprised everyone, literally the whole world gasps when they heard that So-jung didn't gain 1st position, but she gets 3rd, not lower but lowest for her mother.

The whole class went silent when gbe other class enters there and empty them all.

"I told you!" The popular girl screamed on the captain as he rolls his eyes, "shut up".

"ayyy, what happened to your bogga bo?" Yuna asked leaning to eun-sim but flee away as she fall down looking up she saw Na-luna cracking her fingers so as neck.

"Shit, wanna fight?"

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Next chapter: 21-march-2024