FOUR.

The evening cast long shadows across Milica's living room as she curled up next to Jago on the couch. Her fingers traced the outline of his new haircut, appreciating the soft strands against her touch. With genuine admiration, she kissed his jawline, savoring the closeness.

However, the warmth of the moment shattered when Jago made an offhand comment that cut through the air like a knife. "You probably do the same to Dominik, don't you?"

Milica's eyes widened, the innocence of the moment replaced by the sting of accusation. "What? No, Jago, that's not fair. Dominik and I are just friends."

But Jago persisted, fueled by insecurity and suspicion. The casual evening turned into a battleground of words, each sentence escalating the tension between them. Accusations and assumptions flew like arrows, piercing the heart of their relationship.

"You're always defending him! I bet there's more to your friendship than you're telling me," Jago spat out, his eyes ablaze with anger.

Milica, hurt and frustrated, tried to reason, "Jago, this is ridiculous. Dominik is just a friend. I can't believe you're making such baseless accusations."

The argument reached a breaking point when Jago demanded to see Milica's phone, convinced that he would find evidence of an affair. Initially, she refused, dismissing it as a ridiculous request. However, desperate to prove her innocence, she reluctantly offered to show him her messages.

To her surprise, Jago hesitated. "I don't need to see your phone. I already know what's going on."

Milica, angered by the lack of trust, retorted, "If you're so sure, then why not look? You're the one destroying our relationship with these unfounded suspicions."

As Jago stormed out, his parting words hung heavy in the air. "Let Dominik enjoy his leftovers. He was always your second choice, and that's where he'll remain."

Milica, left alone in the aftermath of their explosive argument, felt a mixture of emotions—anger, sadness, and a growing realization. As she reflected on their tumultuous relationship, she couldn't ignore the truth in his departing words. The wounds were deeper than she had acknowledged, and the threads of their connection were unraveling at an alarming pace.

The game of hearts had taken an unexpected turn, leaving Milica grappling with the shattered pieces of a relationship that seemed irreparable. Meanwhile, Dominik, unaware of the storm that had just passed, stood at the threshold of emotions he had yet to comprehend. The pitch of their intertwined lives echoed with the haunting whispers of what could be, leaving an uncertain future in its wake.