NINETEEN.

The morning sun painted streaks of warmth across Dominik's bedroom, but Milica's restless pacing cast shadows on the tranquility. Her mind buzzed with the demands of the upcoming day, and the weight of work-related stress pressed heavily on her shoulders.

Dominik, roused from his slumber by the sound of her footsteps, groggily sat up in bed. "Milica, what's going on?" he asked, his voice laden with sleep.

Milica's pacing slowed as she turned to face him. "Dom, I've got so much to do at work, and it's stressing me out. Deadlines, meetings, reports—I feel like I'm drowning."

Dominik, fully awake now, gestured for her to come closer. "Hey," he said gently, "come here. Sit with me."

Milica hesitated for a moment before making her way to the bed. As she sat, Dominik pulled her into his lap, his arms encircling her with a comforting embrace. He could feel the tension in her body, the weight of her worries palpable against his chest.

"Milica," he murmured, "breathe. You're going to be okay. You're capable, and you can handle whatever comes your way."

Milica sighed, leaning into his comforting hold. "I just feel overwhelmed, Dom. There's so much on my plate."

Dominik pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "You're capable, Milica Petrović. You're strong, and you've got the skills to tackle whatever challenges come your way. Don't forget that."

She looked up at him, her eyes searching for reassurance. "What if I mess up, Dom? What if I let people down?"

Dominik's thumb traced soothing circles on her back. "Milica, you're only human. Everyone makes mistakes. What's important is how you learn and grow from them. You're not alone in this. I'm here for you."

As Milica poured out her worries, Dominik responded with words of encouragement and affirmation. Each stressful thought that left her lips was met with a gentle kiss, a whispered promise that she wasn't alone.

"You've got this, Milica. You're not alone in this. And if you need anything, I'm right here beside you," Dominik assured her.

His calming presence and affectionate gestures began to work their magic. Milica's racing thoughts slowed, and the weight on her shoulders seemed to lift, if only for a moment. In the quiet sanctuary of Dominik's embrace, the complexities of the outside world faded away.

"Thank you, Dom," Milica whispered, her voice filled with gratitude.

Dominik pressed a final lingering kiss to her forehead. "Anytime, Milica. Remember, you're not alone, and you've got someone in your corner cheering you on."

As the morning unfolded, the echoes of their shared vulnerability lingered in the air. Little did they know that this moment of support and tenderness would become a cornerstone in the foundation of their evolving connection—a connection that would weather the storms and celebrate the victories, one comforting embrace and whispered promise at a time.