THIRTY-EIGHT.

Days turned into nights, each passing moment carrying the heavy burden of a love that had crumbled beneath the weight of shadows and misunderstandings. Milica, alone in the silence of her home, found solace in the echoes of what once was—a love that had been woven into the fabric of her existence.

The room, now devoid of Dominik's presence, felt like a canvas splattered with the remnants of a once-vibrant masterpiece. Milica's eyes lingered on the empty spaces, each corner a reminder of shared laughter, whispered promises, and stolen glances that now existed only in the recesses of memory.

As she traced the outlines of their love story in her mind, Milica couldn't shake the haunting question: How had it all unraveled so swiftly, leaving behind a symphony of silence?

Her phone, a constant companion now tinged with the melancholy of unanswered calls and unread messages, lay dormant on the table. Milica hesitated for a moment before picking it up, her fingers dancing over the touchscreen in a futile attempt to resurrect what was lost.

The digital silence mirrored the void that had settled in her heart. She scrolled through the familiar contacts, her thumb hovering over Dominik's name, a name that once brought warmth but now cast a shadow of regret.

After what felt like an eternity, Milica pressed the call button, each ring resonating with the hope that he might answer, that they could bridge the chasm that had widened between them.

The call went to voicemail, a hollow reminder of a connection severed. Milica, her voice trembling with emotion, left a message that carried the weight of unspoken apologies and the echoes of love that still lingered.

"Dom, it's Milica. I know you don't want to hear from me, but I need you to understand. That photo—it's not me. I would never betray you. I miss you, and I love you more than words can say. If there's a chance, just a small one, that you'll listen, please call me back."

The silence that followed was deafening, each second stretching into an eternity. Milica, left with the symphony of her own heartache, sank into the emptiness that enveloped her.

Days turned into nights, and the absence of Dominik became a presence—an ache that echoed through the chambers of her soul. As she navigated the fragments of a love that had crumbled, Milica clung to the hope that, in the silence that now defined their separate worlds, there might still be a chance for a melody of reconciliation to emerge.

And so, in the symphony of silence, the final chapter unfolded—a poignant finale to a love story that had weathered storms, only to find its end in the haunting echoes of what once was.